Through 3 Quarters
Down one at the end of last quarter, the Utah Jazz have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Utah leads 75-74 over the New Orleans Pelicans.
Small forward Bojan Bogdanovic (18 points) has been the top scorer for the Jazz. One thing to keep an eye out for is Hassan Whiteside's foul situation as he currently sits at five.
New Orleans hasn't lost 100% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a win here would be refreshing.
New Orleans @ Utah
Current Records: New Orleans 4-16; Utah 12-6
What to Know
The New Orleans Pelicans have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Utah Jazz at 9 p.m. ET on Friday at Vivint Arena. If the matchup is anything like the Pelicans' 129-124 win from their previous meeting in March, the scorekeeper will be kept real busy.
The Washington Wizards typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday New Orleans proved too difficult a challenge. New Orleans blew past Washington 127-102. With New Orleans ahead 72-50 at the half, the game was all but over already. Among those leading the charge for them was small forward Brandon Ingram, who had 26 points in addition to five boards.
As for Utah, they can't say they have nothing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week. On Wednesday, they secured a 110-104 W over the Oklahoma City Thunder. It was another big night for the Jazz's center Rudy Gobert, who dropped a double-double on 17 rebounds and 15 points along with five blocks. That makes it nine consecutive games in which Gobert has had at least 11 rebounds.
The Pelicans are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. The smart bettors have been the ones to keep their money on New Orleans' opponents whenever they hit the road.
The wins brought New Orleans up to 4-16 and Utah to 12-6. A pair of offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: New Orleans has only been able to knock down 42.40% percent of their shots, which is the fifth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Utah's offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the second most points per game in the league at 112.3. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.88
The Jazz are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 12.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 15 out of their last 21 games against New Orleans.
- Mar 01, 2021 - New Orleans 129 vs. Utah 124
- Jan 21, 2021 - Utah 129 vs. New Orleans 118
- Jan 19, 2021 - Utah 118 vs. New Orleans 102
- Jul 30, 2020 - Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 104
- Jan 16, 2020 - New Orleans 138 vs. Utah 132
- Jan 06, 2020 - Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 126
- Nov 23, 2019 - Utah 128 vs. New Orleans 120
- Mar 06, 2019 - Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 104
- Mar 04, 2019 - New Orleans 115 vs. Utah 112
- Oct 27, 2018 - Utah 132 vs. New Orleans 111
- Mar 11, 2018 - Utah 116 vs. New Orleans 99
- Feb 05, 2018 - Utah 133 vs. New Orleans 109
- Jan 03, 2018 - New Orleans 108 vs. Utah 98
- Dec 01, 2017 - Utah 114 vs. New Orleans 108
- Mar 27, 2017 - Utah 108 vs. New Orleans 100
- Mar 06, 2017 - Utah 88 vs. New Orleans 83
- Feb 08, 2017 - Utah 127 vs. New Orleans 94
- Mar 05, 2016 - Utah 106 vs. New Orleans 94
- Feb 10, 2016 - New Orleans 100 vs. Utah 96
- Dec 16, 2015 - New Orleans 104 vs. Utah 94
- Nov 28, 2015 - Utah 101 vs. New Orleans 87
Injury Report for UtahNo Injury Information
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Daulton Hommes: Out (Leg)
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)