Through 3 Quarters
A victory for the Boston Celtics would push them over .500, and after three quarters they have put themselves in a good position to make this happen. Neither squad has the game in the bag, but the Celtics lead 82-76 over the Toronto Raptors. Boston has been led by power forward Al Horford, who so far has posted a double-double on 17 points and 11 boards.
Horford has led the way so far for Boston, as he has dropped a double-double on 17 points and 11 rebounds. Horford's performance is making up for a slower matchup against the San Antonio Spurs this past Friday.
Both Boston and Toronto suffered losses in their previous contests, but Boston is closer to making up for it. The Celtics are out front, but they can't get complacent.
Boston @ Toronto
Current Records: Boston 10-10; Toronto 9-11
What to Know
The Boston Celtics and the Toronto Raptors are set to square off in an Atlantic Division matchup at 6 p.m. ET Nov. 28 at Scotiabank Arena. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Celtics came up short against the San Antonio Spurs this past Friday, falling 96-88. One thing holding Boston back was the mediocre play of point guard Dennis Schroder, who did not have his best game: he played for 37 minutes but put up just eight points on 3-for-14 shooting.
Meanwhile, Toronto received a tough blow this past Friday as they fell 114-97 to the Indiana Pacers. A silver lining for Toronto was the play of power forward Scottie Barnes, who had 17 points in addition to seven boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Boston is expected to win a tight contest Sunday. Now might not be the best time to take Boston against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The Celtics had enough points to win and then some against the Raptors in the teams' previous meeting earlier this month, taking their game 104-88. The rematch might be a little tougher for Boston since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Scotiabank Arena -- Toronto, Ontario
- TV: NBC Sports Boston
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $58.70
The Celtics are a slight 2-point favorite against the Raptors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Raptors as a 2.5-point favorite.
Boston have won 17 out of their last 32 games against Toronto.
- Nov 10, 2021 - Boston 104 vs. Toronto 88
- Oct 22, 2021 - Toronto 115 vs. Boston 83
- Mar 04, 2021 - Boston 132 vs. Toronto 125
- Feb 11, 2021 - Boston 120 vs. Toronto 106
- Jan 04, 2021 - Boston 126 vs. Toronto 114
- Sep 11, 2020 - Boston 92 vs. Toronto 87
- Sep 09, 2020 - Toronto 125 vs. Boston 122
- Sep 07, 2020 - Boston 111 vs. Toronto 89
- Sep 05, 2020 - Toronto 100 vs. Boston 93
- Sep 03, 2020 - Toronto 104 vs. Boston 103
- Sep 01, 2020 - Boston 102 vs. Toronto 99
- Aug 30, 2020 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 94
- Aug 07, 2020 - Boston 122 vs. Toronto 100
- Dec 28, 2019 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 97
- Dec 25, 2019 - Boston 118 vs. Toronto 102
- Oct 25, 2019 - Boston 112 vs. Toronto 106
- Feb 26, 2019 - Toronto 118 vs. Boston 95
- Jan 16, 2019 - Boston 117 vs. Toronto 108
- Nov 16, 2018 - Boston 123 vs. Toronto 116
- Oct 19, 2018 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 101
- Apr 04, 2018 - Toronto 96 vs. Boston 78
- Mar 31, 2018 - Boston 110 vs. Toronto 99
- Feb 06, 2018 - Toronto 111 vs. Boston 91
- Nov 12, 2017 - Boston 95 vs. Toronto 94
- Feb 24, 2017 - Toronto 107 vs. Boston 97
- Feb 01, 2017 - Boston 109 vs. Toronto 104
- Jan 10, 2017 - Toronto 114 vs. Boston 106
- Dec 09, 2016 - Toronto 101 vs. Boston 94
- Mar 23, 2016 - Boston 91 vs. Toronto 79
- Mar 18, 2016 - Toronto 105 vs. Boston 91
- Jan 20, 2016 - Toronto 115 vs. Boston 109
- Oct 30, 2015 - Toronto 113 vs. Boston 103
Injury Report for Toronto
- Khem Birch: Out (Knee)
- OG Anunoby: Out (Hip)
- Gary Trent Jr.: Out (Calf)
- Goran Dragic: Out (Personal)
Injury Report for Boston
- Dennis Schroder: Out (Ankle)
- Robert Williams III: Out (Illness)