Through 3 Quarters
We've seen some fireworks three quarters in as the Phoenix Suns and the Minnesota Timberwolves have combined for 193 points. Sitting on a score of 100-93, Phoenix has looked like the better team out there today, but there's still one more quarter to play.
The Suns have enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Devin Booker and point guard Chris Paul. The former has 27 points and seven assists, while the latter has dropped a double-double on 15 points and 11 assists along with six rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Jalen Smith's foul situation as he currently sits at five.
Minnesota has lost 86% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Minnesota @ Phoenix
Current Records: Minnesota 24-24; Phoenix 38-9
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves might have tired legs after a game yesterday as they head on the road against the Phoenix Suns at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 28 at Footprint Center. Phoenix should still be riding high after a win, while the Timberwolves will be looking to right the ship.
Minnesota came up short against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday, falling 124-115. Despite the defeat, Minnesota got a solid performance out of center Karl-Anthony Towns, who dropped a double-double on 31 points and 12 rebounds along with six dimes.
Meanwhile, Phoenix picked up a 105-97 victory over the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Shooting guard Devin Booker took over for Phoenix, finishing with 43 points (a whopping 41% of their total) in addition to 12 boards.
The Timberwolves are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Minnesota's loss took them down to 24-24 while Phoenix's victory pulled them up to 38-9. Booker will be someone to keep an eye on after he posted a double-double on 43 points and 12 rebounds on Wednesday. Let's see if he can build on that strong performance or if Minnesota's defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Bally Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.40
The Suns are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 9-point favorite.
Phoenix and Minnesota both have ten wins in their last 20 games.
- Nov 15, 2021 - Phoenix 99 vs. Minnesota 96
- Mar 19, 2021 - Phoenix 113 vs. Minnesota 101
- Mar 18, 2021 - Minnesota 123 vs. Phoenix 119
- Feb 28, 2021 - Phoenix 118 vs. Minnesota 99
- Dec 09, 2019 - Phoenix 125 vs. Minnesota 109
- Nov 23, 2019 - Phoenix 100 vs. Minnesota 98
- Jan 22, 2019 - Minnesota 118 vs. Phoenix 91
- Jan 20, 2019 - Minnesota 116 vs. Phoenix 114
- Dec 15, 2018 - Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Dec 23, 2017 - Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 106
- Dec 16, 2017 - Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Nov 26, 2017 - Minnesota 119 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 11, 2017 - Phoenix 118 vs. Minnesota 110
- Jan 24, 2017 - Minnesota 112 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 19, 2016 - Minnesota 115 vs. Phoenix 108
- Nov 25, 2016 - Minnesota 98 vs. Phoenix 85
- Mar 28, 2016 - Minnesota 121 vs. Phoenix 116
- Mar 14, 2016 - Phoenix 107 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 17, 2016 - Minnesota 117 vs. Phoenix 87
- Dec 13, 2015 - Phoenix 108 vs. Minnesota 101
Injury Report for Phoenix
- JaVale McGee: Out (Knee)
- Jae Crowder: Out (Wrist)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Ankle)
- Cameron Payne: Out (Wrist)
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Jaylen Nowell: Game-Time Decision (Lower Body)
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Ankle)
- D'Angelo Russell: Out (Lower Leg)