Detroit @ Minnesota
Current Records: Detroit 12-40; Minnesota 27-25
What to Know
The Detroit Pistons have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Minnesota Timberwolves at 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday at Target Center. The Pistons have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Minnesota and are hoping to record their first win since March 6 of 2019.
Detroit came up short against the Boston Celtics this past Friday, falling 102-93. Detroit was down 78-56 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Small forward Saddiq Bey (21 points) and small forward Hamidou Diallo (21 points) were the top scorers for Detroit.
Minnesota is hoping for another victory. They strolled past the Pistons with points to spare this past Thursday, taking the contest 128-117. The Timberwolves' success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but power forward Taurean Prince led the charge as he shot 5-for-6 from downtown and finished with 23 points and six boards.
Detroit have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 12 point spread they are up against. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Detroit, who are 26-26 against the spread.
Detroit is now 12-40 while Minnesota sits at 27-25. Two stats to keep an eye on: Detroit is stumbling into the game with the second most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 21.5 on average. The Timberwolves have had an even harder time: they are worst in the league in fouls per game, with 21.8 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports - Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $20.00
The Timberwolves are a big 12-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as an 11.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won eight out of their last 12 games against Minnesota.
- Feb 03, 2022 - Minnesota 128 vs. Detroit 117
- May 11, 2021 - Minnesota 119 vs. Detroit 100
- Dec 23, 2020 - Minnesota 111 vs. Detroit 101
- Nov 11, 2019 - Minnesota 120 vs. Detroit 114
- Mar 06, 2019 - Detroit 131 vs. Minnesota 114
- Dec 19, 2018 - Detroit 129 vs. Minnesota 123
- Nov 19, 2017 - Detroit 100 vs. Minnesota 97
- Oct 25, 2017 - Detroit 122 vs. Minnesota 101
- Feb 03, 2017 - Detroit 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Dec 09, 2016 - Detroit 117 vs. Minnesota 90
- Dec 31, 2015 - Detroit 115 vs. Minnesota 90
- Nov 20, 2015 - Detroit 96 vs. Minnesota 86
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Josh Okogie: Out (Quadriceps)
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Elbow)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Cade Cunningham: Game-Time Decision (Hip)
- Josh Jackson: Out (Back)
- Jamorko Pickett: Out (Toe)
- Isaiah Livers: Out (Foot)