Oklahoma City @ New York
Current Records: Oklahoma City 17-39; New York 25-32
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder are 9-3 against the New York Knicks since November of 2015, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Monday. The Thunder will hit the road for the third straight game as they head to Madison Square Garden at 7:30 p.m. ET. Both teams took a loss in their last game, so they'll have plenty of motivation to get the 'W.'
OKC was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 106-101 to the Chicago Bulls. Small forward Luguentz Dort put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-12 from downtown and finished with 31 points.
Meanwhile, New York came up short against the Portland Trail Blazers this past Saturday, falling 112-103. New York was up 92-77 at the end of the third quarter but couldn't hold on to the lead. One thing holding the Knicks back was the mediocre play of shooting guard Evan Fournier, who did not have his best game: he finished with only four points on 1-for-13 shooting in his 36 minutes on the court.
The Thunder are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
The losses put Oklahoma City at 17-39 and New York at 25-32. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Oklahoma City has only been able to knock down 41.70% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. The Knicks have experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 43.40% percent of their shots, which is the fourth lowest field goal percentage in the league. It could be a slow night.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden -- New York, New York
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.58
The Knicks are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Knicks as an 8-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won nine out of their last 12 games against New York.
- Dec 31, 2021 - Oklahoma City 95 vs. New York 80
- Mar 13, 2021 - New York 119 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Jan 08, 2021 - Oklahoma City 101 vs. New York 89
- Mar 06, 2020 - Oklahoma City 126 vs. New York 103
- Jan 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City 127 vs. New York 109
- Nov 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City 128 vs. New York 103
- Dec 16, 2017 - New York 111 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Oct 19, 2017 - Oklahoma City 105 vs. New York 84
- Feb 15, 2017 - Oklahoma City 116 vs. New York 105
- Nov 28, 2016 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. New York 103
- Jan 26, 2016 - Oklahoma City 128 vs. New York 122
- Nov 20, 2015 - New York 93 vs. Oklahoma City 90