Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Brooklyn Nets and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Orlando Magic 94-75.
Power forward Kevin Durant has led the way so far for Brooklyn, as he has 30 points in addition to five rebounds. KD's night has made it three games in a row with at least 30 points.
Orlando has been led by center Mo Bamba, who so far has 14 points along with eight boards.
Brooklyn @ Orlando
Current Records: Brooklyn 7-4; Orlando 3-8
What to Know
The Orlando Magic will take on the Brooklyn Nets at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday at Amway Center after having had a few days off. Orlando should still be riding high after a victory, while Brooklyn will be looking to right the ship.
The Magic beat the Utah Jazz 107-100 on Sunday. Orlando can attribute much of their success to point guard Cole Anthony, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 33 points.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn has to be aching after a bruising 118-95 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Monday. Power forward Kevin Durant did his best for Brooklyn, finishing with 38 points (a whopping 40% of their total) along with ten boards.
Orlando is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those who got lucky with them against the spread on Sunday might want to hold off on placing bets this time since the team has yet to string together back-to-back wins against the spread.
The Magic are now 3-8 while the Nets sit at 7-4. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Orlando has only been able to knock down 42.60% percent of their shots, which is the fifth lowest field goal percentage in the league. Brooklyn's defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 42.70%, which places them fourth in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- TV: Bally Sports Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $30.00
The Nets are a big 10-point favorite against the Magic, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 9-point favorite.
Orlando have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Brooklyn.
- Mar 19, 2021 - Orlando 121 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Feb 25, 2021 - Brooklyn 129 vs. Orlando 92
- Jan 16, 2021 - Brooklyn 122 vs. Orlando 115
- Aug 11, 2020 - Brooklyn 108 vs. Orlando 96
- Jul 31, 2020 - Orlando 128 vs. Brooklyn 118
- Feb 24, 2020 - Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Jan 06, 2020 - Orlando 101 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Feb 02, 2019 - Orlando 102 vs. Brooklyn 89
- Jan 23, 2019 - Brooklyn 114 vs. Orlando 110
- Jan 18, 2019 - Brooklyn 117 vs. Orlando 115
- Mar 28, 2018 - Brooklyn 111 vs. Orlando 104
- Jan 01, 2018 - Brooklyn 98 vs. Orlando 95
- Oct 24, 2017 - Orlando 125 vs. Brooklyn 121
- Oct 20, 2017 - Brooklyn 126 vs. Orlando 121
- Apr 06, 2017 - Orlando 115 vs. Brooklyn 107
- Apr 01, 2017 - Brooklyn 121 vs. Orlando 111
- Dec 16, 2016 - Orlando 118 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 29, 2016 - Orlando 139 vs. Brooklyn 105
- Jan 08, 2016 - Orlando 83 vs. Brooklyn 77
- Dec 30, 2015 - Orlando 100 vs. Brooklyn 93
- Dec 14, 2015 - Orlando 105 vs. Brooklyn 82
Injury Report for Orlando
- E'Twaun Moore: Out (Knee)
- Michael Carter-Williams: Out (Ankle)
- Markelle Fultz: Out (Knee)
- Jonathan Isaac: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Illness)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Personal)