Through 3 Quarters
The Dallas Mavericks are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they've been expecting. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Oklahoma City Thunder 77-72.
Point guard Luka Doncic has led the way so far for the Mavericks, as he has 15 points and nine assists in addition to nine boards and three blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Josh Green's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Oklahoma City has been led by shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who so far has 26 points along with six rebounds.
OKC has lost 89% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Oklahoma City @ Dallas
Current Records: Oklahoma City 14-28; Dallas 24-19
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder haven't won a game against the Dallas Mavericks since March 11 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Monday. The Thunder will head out on the road to face off against Dallas at 8:30 p.m. ET at American Airlines Center. The Mavericks will be strutting in after a win while Oklahoma City will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Oklahoma City was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 107-102 to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Shooting guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (21 points) was the top scorer for Oklahoma City.
Meanwhile, Dallas strolled past the Orlando Magic with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the contest 108-92. Dallas' point guard Jalen Brunson was one of the most active players for the squad, picking up 19 points along with five rebounds.
The Thunder are the clear underdogs, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 24-12-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
Oklahoma City is now 14-28 while the Mavericks sit at 24-19. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Oklahoma City is stumbling into the matchup with the fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 100.8 on average. Dallas' defense has more to brag about, as they they enter the matchup with only 102.7 points allowed per game on average, good for third best in the league. Oklahoma City might struggle to break 100.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports Oklahoma
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.00
The Mavericks are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 10.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 15 out of their last 27 games against Dallas.
- Jan 02, 2022 - Dallas 95 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- Dec 12, 2021 - Dallas 103 vs. Oklahoma City 84
- Mar 29, 2021 - Dallas 127 vs. Oklahoma City 106
- Mar 11, 2021 - Oklahoma City 116 vs. Dallas 108
- Mar 03, 2021 - Dallas 87 vs. Oklahoma City 78
- Jan 27, 2020 - Dallas 107 vs. Oklahoma City 97
- Dec 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City 106 vs. Dallas 101
- Mar 31, 2019 - Dallas 106 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Dec 31, 2018 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Dallas 102
- Dec 30, 2018 - Dallas 105 vs. Oklahoma City 103
- Nov 10, 2018 - Dallas 111 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Feb 28, 2018 - Oklahoma City 111 vs. Dallas 110
- Dec 31, 2017 - Dallas 116 vs. Oklahoma City 113
- Nov 25, 2017 - Dallas 97 vs. Oklahoma City 81
- Nov 12, 2017 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Dallas 99
- Mar 27, 2017 - Oklahoma City 92 vs. Dallas 91
- Mar 05, 2017 - Dallas 104 vs. Oklahoma City 89
- Jan 26, 2017 - Oklahoma City 109 vs. Dallas 98
- Apr 25, 2016 - Oklahoma City 118 vs. Dallas 104
- Apr 23, 2016 - Oklahoma City 119 vs. Dallas 108
- Apr 21, 2016 - Oklahoma City 131 vs. Dallas 102
- Apr 18, 2016 - Dallas 85 vs. Oklahoma City 84
- Apr 16, 2016 - Oklahoma City 108 vs. Dallas 70
- Feb 24, 2016 - Oklahoma City 116 vs. Dallas 103
- Jan 22, 2016 - Oklahoma City 109 vs. Dallas 106
- Jan 13, 2016 - Oklahoma City 108 vs. Dallas 89
- Nov 22, 2015 - Oklahoma City 117 vs. Dallas 114
Injury Report for Dallas
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Kenrich Williams: Out (Covid-19)
- Vit Krejci: Out (Ankle)