Through 3 Quarters
Down one at the end of last quarter, the Brooklyn Nets have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Brooklyn leads 88-84 over the New York Knicks.
Point guard James Harden has led the way so far for the Nets, as he has dropped a double-double on 30 points and ten boards along with five assists. A double-double would be The Beard's sixth in a row.
New York hasn't lost 78% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this season, so a win here would be refreshing.
New York @ Brooklyn
Current Records: New York 11-9; Brooklyn 14-6
What to Know
The New York Knicks haven't won a matchup against the Brooklyn Nets since Jan. 26 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought Tuesday. After a few days' rest for both teams, they will meet up at 7:30 p.m. ET Nov. 30 at Barclays Center. New York isn't expected to win, but seeing as the odds didn't stop them last game, maybe the squad has another upset up their sleeve.
The Atlanta Hawks typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Knicks proved too difficult a challenge. New York took their game against the Hawks 99-90. Shooting guard Alec Burks (23 points) was the top scorer for New York.
Meanwhile, Brooklyn was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Saturday as they fell 113-107 to the Phoenix Suns. Despite the loss, Brooklyn got a solid performance out of power forward Kevin Durant, who had 39 points and seven assists in addition to nine boards.
The Knicks are expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Orlando Magic Nov. 17 easily too and instead slipped up with a 104-98. In other words, don't count the Nets out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $81.00
The Nets are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Knicks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Nets as a 6-point favorite.
Brooklyn have won 12 out of their last 23 games against New York.
- Apr 05, 2021 - Brooklyn 114 vs. New York 112
- Mar 15, 2021 - Brooklyn 117 vs. New York 112
- Jan 13, 2021 - Brooklyn 116 vs. New York 109
- Jan 26, 2020 - New York 110 vs. Brooklyn 97
- Dec 26, 2019 - New York 94 vs. Brooklyn 82
- Nov 24, 2019 - Brooklyn 103 vs. New York 101
- Oct 25, 2019 - Brooklyn 113 vs. New York 109
- Jan 25, 2019 - Brooklyn 109 vs. New York 99
- Dec 08, 2018 - Brooklyn 112 vs. New York 104
- Oct 29, 2018 - New York 115 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Oct 19, 2018 - Brooklyn 107 vs. New York 105
- Jan 30, 2018 - New York 111 vs. Brooklyn 95
- Jan 15, 2018 - New York 119 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Dec 14, 2017 - New York 111 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Oct 27, 2017 - New York 107 vs. Brooklyn 86
- Mar 16, 2017 - Brooklyn 121 vs. New York 110
- Mar 12, 2017 - Brooklyn 120 vs. New York 112
- Feb 01, 2017 - New York 95 vs. Brooklyn 90
- Nov 09, 2016 - New York 110 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Apr 01, 2016 - New York 105 vs. Brooklyn 91
- Feb 19, 2016 - Brooklyn 109 vs. New York 98
- Jan 13, 2016 - Brooklyn 110 vs. New York 104
- Dec 04, 2015 - New York 108 vs. Brooklyn 91
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- David Duke: Out (Hip)
- Nicolas Claxton: Out (Illness)
- Joe Harris: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for New York
- Nerlens Noel: Game-Time Decision (Knee)