Through 3 Quarters
Although the Miami Heat came into the matchup as underdogs, they're on track to steal the victory from the Indiana Pacers. After three quarters it's looking more and more like Miami's high-powered offense is just too much for Indiana as the Heat lead 94-81.
This is the first time Miami has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past six games.
Miami @ Indiana
Current Records: Miami 13-9; Indiana 9-15
What to Know
The Miami Heat have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Indiana Pacers at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Miami found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unpleasant 111-85 punch to the gut against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday. The Heat were down 87-63 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Point guard Tyler Herro (21 points) was the top scorer for Miami.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for Indiana as they fell 114-111 to the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday. Shooting guard Chris Duarte wasn't much of a difference maker for Indiana; Duarte played for 35 minutes with and four turnovers.
Miami is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
The losses put the Heat at 13-9 and the Pacers at 9-15. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Miami is second worst in the league in fouls per game, with 20.6 on average. Indiana has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the fourth most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 20.4 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Gainbridge Fieldhouse -- Indianapolis, Indiana
- TV: Bally Sports Midwest - Indiana
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $28.00
The Pacers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Heat, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Miami have won 14 out of their last 26 games against Indiana.
- Oct 23, 2021 - Indiana 102 vs. Miami 91
- Mar 31, 2021 - Miami 92 vs. Indiana 87
- Mar 21, 2021 - Indiana 109 vs. Miami 106
- Mar 19, 2021 - Indiana 137 vs. Miami 110
- Aug 24, 2020 - Miami 99 vs. Indiana 87
- Aug 22, 2020 - Miami 124 vs. Indiana 115
- Aug 20, 2020 - Miami 109 vs. Indiana 100
- Aug 18, 2020 - Miami 113 vs. Indiana 101
- Aug 14, 2020 - Indiana 109 vs. Miami 92
- Aug 10, 2020 - Miami 114 vs. Indiana 92
- Jan 08, 2020 - Miami 122 vs. Indiana 108
- Dec 27, 2019 - Miami 113 vs. Indiana 112
- Feb 02, 2019 - Indiana 95 vs. Miami 88
- Nov 16, 2018 - Indiana 99 vs. Miami 91
- Nov 09, 2018 - Indiana 110 vs. Miami 102
- Mar 25, 2018 - Indiana 113 vs. Miami 107
- Jan 10, 2018 - Miami 114 vs. Indiana 106
- Nov 19, 2017 - Indiana 120 vs. Miami 95
- Oct 21, 2017 - Miami 112 vs. Indiana 108
- Mar 12, 2017 - Indiana 102 vs. Miami 98
- Feb 25, 2017 - Miami 113 vs. Indiana 95
- Dec 14, 2016 - Miami 95 vs. Indiana 89
- Feb 22, 2016 - Miami 101 vs. Indiana 93
- Jan 04, 2016 - Miami 103 vs. Indiana 100
- Dec 11, 2015 - Indiana 96 vs. Miami 83
- Nov 06, 2015 - Indiana 90 vs. Miami 87
Injury Report for Indiana
- Justin Holiday: Out (Covid-19)
- T.J. McConnell: Out (Wrist)
- T.J. Warren: Out (Foot)
Injury Report for Miami
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Jimmy Butler: Out (Back)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)
- Bam Adebayo: Out (Thumb)