Memphis @ New Orleans
Current Records: Memphis 40-18; New Orleans 23-34
What to Know
The Memphis Grizzlies are staying on the road on Tuesday to face off against the New Orleans Pelicans at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 15 at Smoothie King Center. The Grizzlies know how to get points on the board -- the squad has finished with flashy point totals in its past five matchups -- so hopefully New Orleans likes a good challenge.
Memphis was able to grind out a solid victory over the Charlotte Hornets this past Saturday, winning 125-118. Memphis' success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but shooting guard Desmond Bane led the charge as he had 25 points and five assists.
A well-balanced attack led New Orleans over the Toronto Raptors every single quarter on their way to victory on Monday. New Orleans was the clear victor by a 120-90 margin over Toronto. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point the Pelicans had established a 94-69 advantage. It was another big night for their shooting guard CJ McCollum, who shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 23 points and five assists.
The Grizzlies are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5-point margin of victory. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a five-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought Memphis up to 40-18 and New Orleans to 23-34. Two offensive stats to keep an eye on: Memphis ranks fourth in the league when it comes to points per game, with 113.6 on average. On the other end of the spectrum, New Orleans is stumbling into the contest with the fifth fewest points per game in the league, having accrued only 106.1 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against the Pelicans.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Smoothie King Center -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: Bally Sports - New Orleans
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Grizzlies are a 5-point favorite against the Pelicans, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Grizzlies, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 2.5-point favorite.
New Orleans have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Memphis.
- Nov 13, 2021 - New Orleans 112 vs. Memphis 101
- May 10, 2021 - Memphis 115 vs. New Orleans 110
- Feb 16, 2021 - New Orleans 144 vs. Memphis 113
- Feb 06, 2021 - New Orleans 118 vs. Memphis 109
- Aug 03, 2020 - New Orleans 109 vs. Memphis 99
- Jan 31, 2020 - New Orleans 139 vs. Memphis 111
- Jan 20, 2020 - New Orleans 126 vs. Memphis 116
- Feb 09, 2019 - Memphis 99 vs. New Orleans 90
- Jan 21, 2019 - New Orleans 105 vs. Memphis 85
- Jan 07, 2019 - New Orleans 114 vs. Memphis 95
- Dec 07, 2018 - Memphis 107 vs. New Orleans 103
- Apr 04, 2018 - New Orleans 123 vs. Memphis 95
- Jan 20, 2018 - New Orleans 111 vs. Memphis 104
- Jan 10, 2018 - Memphis 105 vs. New Orleans 102
- Oct 18, 2017 - Memphis 103 vs. New Orleans 91
- Mar 21, 2017 - New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 82
- Feb 15, 2017 - New Orleans 95 vs. Memphis 91
- Dec 05, 2016 - Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 108
- Nov 02, 2016 - Memphis 89 vs. New Orleans 83
- Mar 11, 2016 - Memphis 121 vs. New Orleans 114
- Feb 01, 2016 - Memphis 110 vs. New Orleans 95
- Jan 18, 2016 - Memphis 101 vs. New Orleans 99
- Dec 01, 2015 - Memphis 113 vs. New Orleans 104
Injury Report for New Orleans
- Zion Williamson: Out (Foot)
- Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee)
- Kira Lewis Jr.: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Xavier Tillman: Out (Thigh)
- Ja Morant: Out (Ankle)
- Yves Pons: Out (Thigh)
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)