Through 3 Quarters
We've seen some fireworks three quarters in as the San Antonio Spurs and the Phoenix Suns have combined for 186 points. San Antonio currently holds a 94-92 lead.
The Spurs have been led by center Jakob Poeltl, who so far has posted a double-double on 19 points and 11 boards in addition to four assists. Shooting guard Devin Booker has done his best for Phoenix, currently boasting 44 points (48% of their total) and six dimes along with four rebounds. Booker's night has made it three games in a row with at least 30 points.
Phoenix @ San Antonio
Current Records: Phoenix 33-9; San Antonio 16-27
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns' road trip will continue as they head to AT&T Center at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday to face off against the San Antonio Spurs. The Suns won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 4-point advantage in the spread.
You're bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that's exactly how it played out for Phoenix on Sunday. They put the hurt on the Detroit Pistons with a sharp 135-108 win. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Phoenix had established a 103-82 advantage. Their shooting guard Devin Booker did his thing and had 30 points.
Meanwhile, San Antonio beat the Los Angeles Clippers 101-94 this past Saturday. Point guard Dejounte Murray and shooting guard Derrick White were among the main playmakers for San Antonio as the former had 18 points and nine assists along with seven boards and the latter had 19 points in addition to three blocks.
Phoenix is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Miami Heat Jan. 8 easily too and instead slipped up with a 123-100. In other words, don't count the Spurs out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: AT&T Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports - Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.85
The Suns are a 4-point favorite against the Spurs, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 5-point favorite.
San Antonio have won 16 out of their last 23 games against Phoenix.
- Dec 06, 2021 - Phoenix 108 vs. San Antonio 104
- Nov 22, 2021 - Phoenix 115 vs. San Antonio 111
- May 16, 2021 - Phoenix 123 vs. San Antonio 121
- May 15, 2021 - Phoenix 140 vs. San Antonio 103
- Apr 17, 2021 - San Antonio 111 vs. Phoenix 85
- Jan 24, 2020 - Phoenix 103 vs. San Antonio 99
- Jan 20, 2020 - San Antonio 120 vs. Phoenix 118
- Dec 14, 2019 - San Antonio 121 vs. Phoenix 119
- Jan 29, 2019 - San Antonio 126 vs. Phoenix 124
- Dec 11, 2018 - San Antonio 111 vs. Phoenix 86
- Nov 14, 2018 - Phoenix 116 vs. San Antonio 96
- Oct 31, 2018 - San Antonio 120 vs. Phoenix 90
- Feb 07, 2018 - San Antonio 129 vs. Phoenix 81
- Jan 05, 2018 - San Antonio 103 vs. Phoenix 89
- Dec 09, 2017 - San Antonio 104 vs. Phoenix 101
- Nov 05, 2017 - San Antonio 112 vs. Phoenix 95
- Jan 14, 2017 - Phoenix 108 vs. San Antonio 105
- Dec 28, 2016 - San Antonio 119 vs. Phoenix 98
- Dec 15, 2016 - San Antonio 107 vs. Phoenix 92
- Feb 21, 2016 - San Antonio 118 vs. Phoenix 111
- Jan 21, 2016 - San Antonio 117 vs. Phoenix 89
- Dec 30, 2015 - San Antonio 112 vs. Phoenix 79
- Nov 23, 2015 - San Antonio 98 vs. Phoenix 84
Injury Report for San Antonio
- Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
- Tre Jones: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Ankle)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)