Through 3 Quarters
The Phoenix Suns are just one quarter away from delivering their fans the win they've been expecting. It's looking more and more like their high-powered offense is just too much for the Boston Celtics as Phoenix lead 87-69.
The Suns have been led by center JaVale McGee, who so far has posted a double-double on 15 points and 13 boards along with two blocks. The top scorer for Boston has been small forward Jayson Tatum (22 points).
the Celtics have lost 92% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Boston @ Phoenix
Current Records: Boston 13-13; Phoenix 20-4
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns will take on the Boston Celtics at 10 p.m. ET on Friday at Footprint Center after having had a few days off. Phoenix is out to keep their 11-game home win streak alive.
Things were close when the Suns and the San Antonio Spurs clashed on Monday, but Phoenix ultimately edged out the opposition 108-104. Phoenix's point guard Chris Paul did his thing and posted a double-double on 21 points and ten assists.
Speaking of close games: it was a hard-fought game, but Boston had to settle for a 114-111 loss against the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. Boston's defeat shouldn't obscure the performances of small forward Jayson Tatum, who dropped a double-double on 29 points and ten boards, and point guard Dennis Schroder, who had 19 points and eight assists.
Phoenix is the favorite in this one, with an expected 3.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Suns against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
Phoenix's win lifted them to 20-4 while Boston's loss dropped them down to 13-13. We'll see if Phoenix can repeat their recent success or if Boston bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $24.50
The Suns are a 3.5-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Suns slightly, as the game opened with the Suns as a 5.5-point favorite.
Boston have won eight out of their last 12 games against Phoenix.
- Apr 22, 2021 - Boston 99 vs. Phoenix 86
- Feb 07, 2021 - Phoenix 100 vs. Boston 91
- Jan 18, 2020 - Phoenix 123 vs. Boston 119
- Nov 18, 2019 - Boston 99 vs. Phoenix 85
- Dec 19, 2018 - Phoenix 111 vs. Boston 103
- Nov 08, 2018 - Boston 116 vs. Phoenix 109
- Mar 26, 2018 - Boston 102 vs. Phoenix 94
- Dec 02, 2017 - Boston 116 vs. Phoenix 111
- Mar 24, 2017 - Boston 130 vs. Phoenix 120
- Mar 05, 2017 - Phoenix 109 vs. Boston 106
- Mar 26, 2016 - Boston 102 vs. Phoenix 99
- Jan 15, 2016 - Boston 117 vs. Phoenix 103
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Devin Booker: Out (Hamstring)
- Deandre Ayton: Out (Illness)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Boston
- Josh Richardson: Out (Covid-19)
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Hamstring)
- Bruno Fernando: Out (Back)