Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Utah Jazz have now snagged the lead. After three quarters neither squad has the contest in the bag, but Utah leads 84-82 over the Oklahoma City Thunder. So far, this is quite different from their previous head-to-head, which was decided by 21 points.
Nobody has stood out from the pack for the Jazz offensively yet. This makes it nine consecutive games in which center Rudy Gobert has had at least 11 rebounds.
Both Utah and Oklahoma City suffered losses in their previous contests, but Utah is closer to making up for it. Utah just need to hang on one more quarter to get back on their feet.
Utah @ Oklahoma City
Current Records: Utah 11-6; Oklahoma City 6-11
What to Know
The Oklahoma City Thunder will be returning home after a three-game road trip. Oklahoma City and the Utah Jazz will face off in a Northwest Division battle at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Paycom Center. The Thunder haven't won a matchup against Utah since Aug. 1 of last year, but they'll be looking to end the drought.
It looks like OKC got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They took a hard 113-101 fall against the Atlanta Hawks on Monday. OKC was down 93-71 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Power forward Darius Bazley wasn't much of a difference maker for Oklahoma City; Bazley finished with only four points on 2-for-11 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
As for Utah, it looks like they got the smaller half of the wishbone at Thanksgiving dinner. They were just a bucket short of a victory on Monday and fell 119-118 to the Memphis Grizzlies. Utah's defeat came about despite a quality game from center Rudy Gobert, who dropped a double-double on 23 points and 13 rebounds in addition to five blocks.
Oklahoma City is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. They are currently four-for-four against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The losses put the Thunder at 6-11 and the Jazz at a reciprocal 11-6. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: OKC has only been able to knock down 40.80% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in the league. Utah's offense has more to brag about, as they they rank second in the league when it comes to points per game, with 112.5 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Jazz are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Thunder, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 12.5-point favorite.
Oklahoma City have won 18 out of their last 29 games against Utah.
- Oct 20, 2021 - Utah 107 vs. Oklahoma City 86
- May 14, 2021 - Utah 109 vs. Oklahoma City 93
- Apr 13, 2021 - Utah 106 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Dec 28, 2020 - Utah 110 vs. Oklahoma City 109
- Aug 01, 2020 - Oklahoma City 110 vs. Utah 94
- Dec 09, 2019 - Oklahoma City 104 vs. Utah 90
- Oct 23, 2019 - Utah 100 vs. Oklahoma City 95
- Mar 11, 2019 - Oklahoma City 98 vs. Utah 89
- Feb 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City 148 vs. Utah 147
- Dec 22, 2018 - Oklahoma City 107 vs. Utah 106
- Dec 10, 2018 - Oklahoma City 122 vs. Utah 113
- Apr 27, 2018 - Utah 96 vs. Oklahoma City 91
- Apr 25, 2018 - Oklahoma City 107 vs. Utah 99
- Apr 23, 2018 - Utah 113 vs. Oklahoma City 96
- Apr 21, 2018 - Utah 115 vs. Oklahoma City 102
- Apr 18, 2018 - Utah 102 vs. Oklahoma City 95
- Apr 15, 2018 - Oklahoma City 116 vs. Utah 108
- Dec 23, 2017 - Oklahoma City 103 vs. Utah 89
- Dec 20, 2017 - Oklahoma City 107 vs. Utah 79
- Dec 05, 2017 - Oklahoma City 100 vs. Utah 94
- Oct 21, 2017 - Utah 96 vs. Oklahoma City 87
- Mar 11, 2017 - Oklahoma City 112 vs. Utah 104
- Feb 28, 2017 - Oklahoma City 109 vs. Utah 106
- Jan 23, 2017 - Oklahoma City 97 vs. Utah 95
- Dec 14, 2016 - Utah 109 vs. Oklahoma City 89
- Mar 24, 2016 - Oklahoma City 113 vs. Utah 91
- Dec 13, 2015 - Oklahoma City 104 vs. Utah 98
- Dec 11, 2015 - Oklahoma City 94 vs. Utah 90
- Nov 23, 2015 - Oklahoma City 111 vs. Utah 89
Injury Report for Oklahoma City
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Ankle)