Boston @ Minnesota
Current Records: Boston 35-35; Minnesota 22-48
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the Boston Celtics and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 22 of 2016. Minnesota will play host again and welcome Boston to Target Center, where tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET Saturday. Allowing an average of 117.54 points per game, the Timberwolves have been asleep on the defensive side of the ball and will need to wake up before the contest.
The game between Minnesota and the Denver Nuggets on Thursday was not a total blowout, but with Minnesota falling 114-103 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. Minnesota's loss came about despite a quality game from small forward Anthony Edwards, who had 29 points and five assists in addition to seven rebounds.
Meanwhile, Boston came up short against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday, falling 102-94. Small forward Jayson Tatum put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 29 points along with eight boards.
The losses put the Celtics at 35-35 and the Timberwolves at 22-48. Boston is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next two games are critical for them. Minnesota has been eliminated from playoff contention.
Minnesota came up short against Boston in the teams' previous meeting last month, falling 145-136. Maybe Minnesota will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Timberwolves are a 5-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Timberwolves as a 1.5-point favorite.
Boston have won nine out of their last ten games against Minnesota.
- Apr 09, 2021 - Boston 145 vs. Minnesota 136
- Feb 21, 2020 - Boston 127 vs. Minnesota 117
- Jan 02, 2019 - Boston 115 vs. Minnesota 102
- Dec 01, 2018 - Boston 118 vs. Minnesota 109
- Mar 08, 2018 - Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 109
- Jan 05, 2018 - Boston 91 vs. Minnesota 84
- Mar 15, 2017 - Boston 117 vs. Minnesota 104
- Nov 21, 2016 - Boston 99 vs. Minnesota 93
- Feb 22, 2016 - Minnesota 124 vs. Boston 122
- Dec 21, 2015 - Boston 113 vs. Minnesota 99
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Malik Beasley: Out for the Season (Hamstring)
- Jarrett Culver: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Boston
- Evan Fournier: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Jayson Tatum: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Robert Williams III: Out (Toe)
- Tristan Thompson: Out (Chest)
- Kemba Walker: Out (Neck)
- Marcus Smart: Out (Calf)
- Jaylen Brown: Out for the Season (Wrist)