Through 3 Quarters
Down three at the end of last quarter, the Minnesota Timberwolves have now snagged the lead. They currently hold an 84-83 lead over the Memphis Grizzlies.
Center Karl-Anthony Towns has led the way so far for Minnesota, as he has 20 points in addition to eight boards and two blocks. A double-double would be Towns' fourth in a row. Towns does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Power forward Jaden McDaniels is also in foul trouble with four.
Memphis has been led by small forward Ziaire Williams, who so far has 21 points along with four rebounds.
Memphis @ Minnesota
Current Records: Memphis 41-19; Minnesota 31-28
What to Know
After a few days' rest for both teams, the Memphis Grizzlies and the Minnesota Timberwolves will meet up at 8 p.m. ET Feb. 24 at Target Center. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
It was close but no cigar for the Grizzlies as they fell 123-119 to the Portland Trail Blazers last Wednesday. This was hardly the result Memphis or its fans were betting on, as they were favored by 12.5 points over Portland heading into this matchup. Power forward Jaren Jackson Jr. had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only seven points on 2-for-10 shooting in his 26 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, Minnesota ended up a good deal behind the Toronto Raptors when they played last week, losing 103-91. Center Karl-Anthony Towns put forth a good effort for the losing side as he dropped a double-double on 24 points and 11 rebounds. That makes it three consecutive games in which Towns has had at least 11 rebounds.
Memphis is now 41-19 while Minnesota sits at 31-28. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Grizzlies come into the contest boasting the most blocked shots per game in the league at 6.33. The Timberwolves are not quite as good, but they are no chumps, either: they enter the matchup with 5.85 blocked shots per game on average, good for third best in the league. Points in the paint might be hard to come by.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- TV: Bally Sports North Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $14.97
The Grizzlies are a slight 2-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
Memphis have won 17 out of their last 24 games against Minnesota.
- Jan 13, 2022 - Memphis 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 20, 2021 - Minnesota 138 vs. Memphis 95
- Nov 08, 2021 - Memphis 125 vs. Minnesota 118
- May 05, 2021 - Memphis 139 vs. Minnesota 135
- Apr 02, 2021 - Memphis 120 vs. Minnesota 108
- Jan 13, 2021 - Memphis 118 vs. Minnesota 107
- Jan 07, 2020 - Memphis 119 vs. Minnesota 112
- Dec 01, 2019 - Memphis 115 vs. Minnesota 107
- Nov 06, 2019 - Memphis 137 vs. Minnesota 121
- Mar 23, 2019 - Minnesota 112 vs. Memphis 99
- Feb 05, 2019 - Memphis 108 vs. Minnesota 106
- Jan 30, 2019 - Minnesota 99 vs. Memphis 97
- Nov 18, 2018 - Memphis 100 vs. Minnesota 87
- Apr 09, 2018 - Minnesota 113 vs. Memphis 94
- Mar 26, 2018 - Memphis 101 vs. Minnesota 93
- Dec 04, 2017 - Memphis 95 vs. Minnesota 92
- Feb 04, 2017 - Memphis 107 vs. Minnesota 99
- Nov 19, 2016 - Memphis 93 vs. Minnesota 71
- Nov 01, 2016 - Minnesota 116 vs. Memphis 80
- Oct 26, 2016 - Memphis 102 vs. Minnesota 98
- Mar 16, 2016 - Minnesota 114 vs. Memphis 108
- Feb 19, 2016 - Memphis 109 vs. Minnesota 104
- Jan 23, 2016 - Minnesota 106 vs. Memphis 101
- Nov 15, 2015 - Memphis 114 vs. Minnesota 106
Injury Report for Minnesota
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Elbow)
Injury Report for Memphis
- Dillon Brooks: Out (Ankle)
- Yves Pons: Out (Thigh)