Through 3 Quarters
The Portland Trail Blazers typically have all the answers at home, but the Boston Celtics are posing a tough problem. Three quarters in and Boston's offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Trail Blazers 103-84 three quarters in.
Boston has been relying on point guard Dennis Schroder, who has 26 points and six assists, and small forward Jayson Tatum, who has 28 points and four assists along with nine rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Robert Williams III's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
This is tied with the most points Boston has had yet this year going into the fourth quarter.
Boston @ Portland
Current Records: Boston 12-11; Portland 11-12
What to Know
The Boston Celtics might have tired legs after a matchup yesterday as they head on the road against the Portland Trail Blazers at 10 p.m. ET Dec. 4 at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The point spread is more or less neutral, so fans should expect a close contest.
The Celtics came up short against the Utah Jazz this past Friday, falling 137-130. Despite the loss, Boston got a solid performance out of small forward Jayson Tatum, who had 37 points and five assists in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, the night started off rough for Portland this past Thursday, and it ended that way, too. They were completely outmatched by the San Antonio Spurs at home and fell 114-83. The Trail Blazers were in a tough position by the half, with the score already sitting at 68-47. Shooting guard CJ McCollum (16 points) and small forward Norman Powell (16 points) were the top scorers for Portland.
Both teams will surely be fighting tooth and nail to get back into the win column after losses last week. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: NBC Sports Boston
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $26.57
The Trail Blazers are a slight 1-point favorite against the Celtics, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Celtics as a 1.5-point favorite.
Boston have won seven out of their last 12 games against Portland.
- May 02, 2021 - Portland 129 vs. Boston 119
- Apr 13, 2021 - Boston 116 vs. Portland 115
- Aug 02, 2020 - Boston 128 vs. Portland 124
- Feb 25, 2020 - Boston 118 vs. Portland 106
- Feb 27, 2019 - Portland 97 vs. Boston 92
- Nov 11, 2018 - Portland 100 vs. Boston 94
- Mar 23, 2018 - Boston 105 vs. Portland 100
- Feb 04, 2018 - Boston 97 vs. Portland 96
- Feb 09, 2017 - Boston 120 vs. Portland 111
- Jan 21, 2017 - Portland 127 vs. Boston 123
- Mar 31, 2016 - Portland 116 vs. Boston 109
- Mar 02, 2016 - Boston 116 vs. Portland 93
Injury Report for Portland
- Norman Powell: Game-Time Decision (Nose)
- Anfernee Simons: Out (Ankle)
- Nassir Little: Out (Ankle)
- Damian Lillard: Out (Abdomen)
Injury Report for Boston
- Al Horford: Out (Back)
- Jaylen Brown: Out (Rest)
- Romeo Langford: Out (Ankle)