New York @ Charlotte
Current Records: New York 7-5; Charlotte 6-7
What to Know
The New York Knicks will face off against the Charlotte Hornets on the road at 7 p.m. ET Friday at Spectrum Center. Charlotte should still be riding high after a win, while the Knicks will be looking to get back in the win column.
New York received a tough blow on Wednesday as they fell 112-100 to the Milwaukee Bucks. A silver lining for New York was the play of point guard Derrick Rose, who shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 22 points and seven dimes.
Meanwhile, Charlotte was able to grind out a solid victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday, winning 118-108. Among those leading the charge for Charlotte was shooting guard Kelly Oubre Jr., who shot 7-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 37 points and five rebounds. Oubre Jr. had some trouble finding his footing against the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday, so this was a step in the right direction. Oubre Jr.'s points were the most he has had all year.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Knicks are expected to win a tight contest. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 4-2 ATS in away games but only 6-6 all in all.
New York's loss took them down to 7-5 while Charlotte's win pulled them up to 6-7. Allowing an average of 117.54 points per game, the Hornets haven't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming game.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Spectrum Center -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: Bally Sports SE Charlotte
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $35.80
The Knicks are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Hornets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 1-point favorite.
Charlotte have won 12 out of their last 20 games against New York.
- May 15, 2021 - New York 118 vs. Charlotte 109
- Apr 20, 2021 - New York 109 vs. Charlotte 97
- Jan 11, 2021 - Charlotte 109 vs. New York 88
- Feb 26, 2020 - Charlotte 107 vs. New York 101
- Jan 28, 2020 - Charlotte 97 vs. New York 92
- Nov 16, 2019 - Charlotte 103 vs. New York 102
- Jan 28, 2019 - Charlotte 101 vs. New York 92
- Dec 14, 2018 - New York 126 vs. Charlotte 124
- Dec 09, 2018 - Charlotte 119 vs. New York 107
- Mar 26, 2018 - Charlotte 137 vs. New York 128
- Mar 17, 2018 - New York 124 vs. Charlotte 101
- Dec 18, 2017 - Charlotte 109 vs. New York 91
- Nov 07, 2017 - New York 118 vs. Charlotte 113
- Jan 27, 2017 - New York 110 vs. Charlotte 107
- Nov 26, 2016 - Charlotte 107 vs. New York 102
- Nov 25, 2016 - New York 113 vs. Charlotte 111
- Apr 06, 2016 - Charlotte 111 vs. New York 97
- Jan 23, 2016 - Charlotte 97 vs. New York 84
- Nov 17, 2015 - New York 102 vs. Charlotte 94
- Nov 11, 2015 - Charlotte 95 vs. New York 93