Through 3 Quarters
We've seen some fireworks three quarters in as the Utah Jazz and the Dallas Mavericks have combined for 180 points. Utah and Dallas are all tied up at 90.
The Jazz have enjoyed the tag-team combination of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell and point guard Mike Conley. The former has 27 points, while the latter has 17 points and four assists. One thing to keep an eye out for is Bojan Bogdanovic's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Dallas has been riding high on the performance of power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who has 23 points along with seven rebounds and two blocks.
Dallas @ Utah
Current Records: Dallas 15-16; Utah 22-9
What to Know
The Utah Jazz will be home for the holidays to greet the Dallas Mavericks at 10:30 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Vivint Arena. Utah will be strutting in after a victory while Dallas will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The stars were brightly shining for the Jazz in a 128-116 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves this past Thursday. Utah's success was spearheaded by the efforts of shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who had 28 points and seven assists along with five boards, and center Rudy Gobert, who posted a double-double on 20 points and 17 rebounds in addition to four blocks.
Meanwhile, Dallas came up short against the Milwaukee Bucks this past Thursday, falling 102-95. Despite the loss, Dallas got a solid performance out of point guard Jalen Brunson, who had 19 points and eight assists.
Utah is the favorite in this one, with an expected 13.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take the Jazz against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
Utah is now 22-9 while Dallas sits at 15-16. A pair of offensive stats to keep an eye on: Utah ranks first in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 47.80% on the season. Less enviably, Dallas is fourth worst in the league in points per game, with only 104.4 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against the Mavericks.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $56.77
The Jazz are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line on this game has moved quite a bit since it opened, as it started out with the Jazz as a 10.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 14 out of their last 20 games against Dallas.
- Apr 05, 2021 - Dallas 111 vs. Utah 103
- Jan 29, 2021 - Utah 120 vs. Dallas 101
- Jan 27, 2021 - Utah 116 vs. Dallas 104
- Aug 10, 2020 - Dallas 122 vs. Utah 114
- Feb 10, 2020 - Utah 123 vs. Dallas 119
- Jan 25, 2020 - Utah 112 vs. Dallas 107
- Feb 23, 2019 - Utah 125 vs. Dallas 109
- Nov 14, 2018 - Dallas 118 vs. Utah 68
- Nov 07, 2018 - Utah 117 vs. Dallas 102
- Oct 28, 2018 - Utah 113 vs. Dallas 104
- Mar 22, 2018 - Utah 119 vs. Dallas 112
- Feb 24, 2018 - Utah 97 vs. Dallas 90
- Oct 30, 2017 - Utah 104 vs. Dallas 89
- Feb 09, 2017 - Dallas 112 vs. Utah 105
- Jan 20, 2017 - Utah 112 vs. Dallas 107
- Dec 16, 2016 - Utah 103 vs. Dallas 100
- Nov 02, 2016 - Utah 97 vs. Dallas 81
- Apr 11, 2016 - Dallas 101 vs. Utah 92
- Feb 09, 2016 - Utah 121 vs. Dallas 119
- Nov 20, 2015 - Dallas 102 vs. Utah 93
Injury Report for Utah
- Malik Fitts: Out (Shoulder)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Covid-19)
- Dorian Finney-Smith: Out (Illness)
- Maxi Kleber: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Green: Out (Not Injury Related)
- JaQuori McLaughlin: Out (Covid-19)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Luka Doncic: Out (Covid-19)
- Trey Burke: Out (Covid-19)
- Eugene Omoruyi: Out (Toe)