Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Utah Jazz and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. Three quarters in and their offense has really been able to impose its will, dominating the Portland Trail Blazers 96-82.
Utah has been relying on center Hassan Whiteside, who has 15 points along with nine boards, and small forward Rudy Gay, who has 17 points in addition to four rebounds. One thing to keep an eye out for is Joe Ingles' foul situation as he currently sits at four.
the Trail Blazers have lost 86% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this season, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Utah @ Portland
Current Records: Utah 24-9; Portland 13-20
What to Know
The Utah Jazz's road trip will continue as they head to Moda Center at the Rose Quarter at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday to face off against the Portland Trail Blazers. The Jazz will be strutting in after a victory while Portland will be stumbling in from a loss.
Utah didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the San Antonio Spurs on Monday, but they still walked away with a 110-104 win. Utah's center Rudy Gobert did his thing and dropped a double-double on 16 points and 13 rebounds along with three blocks.
Meanwhile, it looks like Rip City must have gotten on Santa's naughty list since the squad didn't end up with the win they were expected to receive on Monday. The contest between Portland and the Dallas Mavericks was not particularly close, with Portland falling 132-117. Rip City was down 106-84 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the defeat, they got a solid performance out of small forward Nassir Little, who posted a double-double on 20 points and ten boards in addition to three blocks.
The Jazz are the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past six games, so buyers beware.
Utah's win brought them up to 24-9 while Rip City's defeat pulled them down to 13-20. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Utah ranks first in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 47.70% on the season. Less enviably, Portland has allowed their opponents to shoot 47.40% from the floor on average, which is the second highest shooting percentage allowed in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against Rip City.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $32.67
The Jazz are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Trail Blazers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Jazz, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 6-point favorite.
Utah have won 12 out of their last 23 games against Portland.
- Nov 29, 2021 - Utah 129 vs. Portland 107
- May 12, 2021 - Portland 105 vs. Utah 98
- Apr 08, 2021 - Utah 122 vs. Portland 103
- Dec 23, 2020 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 100
- Feb 07, 2020 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 114
- Feb 01, 2020 - Portland 124 vs. Utah 107
- Dec 26, 2019 - Utah 121 vs. Portland 115
- Jan 30, 2019 - Portland 132 vs. Utah 105
- Jan 21, 2019 - Portland 109 vs. Utah 104
- Dec 25, 2018 - Utah 117 vs. Portland 96
- Dec 21, 2018 - Utah 120 vs. Portland 90
- Apr 11, 2018 - Portland 102 vs. Utah 93
- Feb 23, 2018 - Portland 100 vs. Utah 81
- Feb 11, 2018 - Utah 115 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 01, 2017 - Utah 112 vs. Portland 103
- Apr 08, 2017 - Portland 101 vs. Utah 86
- Apr 04, 2017 - Utah 106 vs. Portland 87
- Feb 15, 2017 - Utah 111 vs. Portland 88
- Oct 25, 2016 - Portland 113 vs. Utah 104
- Feb 21, 2016 - Portland 115 vs. Utah 111
- Jan 13, 2016 - Portland 99 vs. Utah 85
- Dec 31, 2015 - Utah 109 vs. Portland 96
- Nov 04, 2015 - Portland 108 vs. Utah 92
Injury Report for Portland
- CJ McCollum: Out (Chest)
- Ben McLemore: Out (Covid-19)
- Robert Covington: Out (Covid-19)
- Trendon Watford: Out (Covid-19)
- Keljin Blevins: Out (Covid-19)
- Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Covid-19)
- Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Utah
- Eric Paschall: Out (Personal)
- Donovan Mitchell: Out (Back)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)