Through 3 Quarters
The point spread is against the Dallas Mavericks, but thus far the points are on their side. They have unwrapped a big 106-84 lead against the Portland Trail Blazers after three quarters.
Dallas has been led by power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who so far has 28 points and four assists along with five boards and two blocks. One thing to keep an eye out for is Dwight Powell's foul situation as he currently sits at four.
Small forward Nassir Little has led the way so far for Portland, as he has 18 points in addition to nine rebounds and three blocks.
This is the most points the Mavericks have had yet this season going into the fourth quarter.
Dallas @ Portland
Current Records: Dallas 15-17; Portland 13-19
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Portland Trail Blazers are heading back home. They will take on the Dallas Mavericks at 10 p.m. ET on Monday at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter after having had a few days off. The Trail Blazers are the slight favorite, but fans of both teams should be in for an exciting contest likely to go down to the wire.
The matchup between Portland and the New Orleans Pelicans last Tuesday was not particularly close, with Portland falling 111-97. Point guard Damian Lillard did his best for Portland, finishing with 39 points (a whopping 40% of their total) and seven dimes. Dame's night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 32 points.
Meanwhile, Dallas was close but no cigar this past Saturday as they fell 120-116 to the Utah Jazz. Despite the loss, Dallas got a solid performance out of power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who had 27 points along with nine rebounds.
The losses put the Trail Blazers at 13-19 and the Mavericks at 15-17. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Portland is stumbling into the game with the fifth most points allowed per game in the league, having given up 111 on average. Dallas has experienced some struggles of their own as they are fourth worst in the league in points per game, with only 104.8 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter -- Portland, Oregon
- TV: Bally Sports Southwest Plus
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $34.00
The Trail Blazers are a 3-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Trail Blazers, as the game opened with the Trail Blazers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Portland have won 11 out of their last 21 games against Dallas.
- Mar 21, 2021 - Dallas 132 vs. Portland 92
- Mar 19, 2021 - Portland 125 vs. Dallas 119
- Feb 14, 2021 - Portland 121 vs. Dallas 118
- Aug 11, 2020 - Portland 134 vs. Dallas 131
- Jan 23, 2020 - Dallas 133 vs. Portland 125
- Jan 17, 2020 - Dallas 120 vs. Portland 112
- Oct 27, 2019 - Portland 121 vs. Dallas 119
- Mar 20, 2019 - Portland 126 vs. Dallas 118
- Feb 10, 2019 - Dallas 102 vs. Portland 101
- Dec 23, 2018 - Portland 121 vs. Dallas 118
- Dec 04, 2018 - Dallas 111 vs. Portland 102
- Apr 03, 2018 - Dallas 115 vs. Portland 109
- Jan 26, 2018 - Portland 107 vs. Dallas 93
- Jan 20, 2018 - Portland 117 vs. Dallas 108
- Feb 07, 2017 - Portland 114 vs. Dallas 113
- Feb 03, 2017 - Dallas 108 vs. Portland 104
- Dec 21, 2016 - Dallas 96 vs. Portland 95
- Nov 04, 2016 - Portland 105 vs. Dallas 95
- Mar 23, 2016 - Portland 109 vs. Dallas 103
- Mar 20, 2016 - Dallas 132 vs. Portland 120
- Dec 01, 2015 - Dallas 115 vs. Portland 112
Injury Report for Portland
- CJ McCollum: Out (Chest)
- Ben McLemore: Out (Covid-19)
- Robert Covington: Out (Covid-19)
- Trendon Watford: Out (Covid-19)
- Keljin Blevins: Out (Covid-19)
- Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Cody Zeller: Out (Covid-19)
- Jusuf Nurkic: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Covid-19)
- Maxi Kleber: Out (Covid-19)
- JaQuori McLaughlin: Out (Covid-19)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
- Luka Doncic: Out (Covid-19)
- Trey Burke: Out (Covid-19)