Georgetown @ DePaul
Current Records: Georgetown 6-15; DePaul 11-10
What to Know
A Big East battle is on tap between the DePaul Blue Demons and the Georgetown Hoyas at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Wintrust Arena. DePaul is out to stop a seven-game streak of losses at home.
It was a close one, but on Saturday the Blue Demons sidestepped the Xavier Musketeers for a 69-65 victory. DePaul got double-digit scores from four players: guard Courvoisier McCauley (21), guard Jalen Terry (13), forward Brandon Johnson (12), and forward David Jones (10). Courvoisier McCauley's performance made up for a slower contest against the Connecticut Huskies last week. McCauley's points were the most he has had all season.
Meanwhile, Georgetown lost to the Providence Friars at home by a decisive 71-52 margin. Guard Aminu Mohammed put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 18 points.
DePaul is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
DePaul's win lifted them to 11-10 while Georgetown's loss dropped them down to an irreparable 6-15. On Saturday DePaul relied heavily on McCauley, who had 21 points along with five rebounds. It will be up to Georgetown's defense to limit his damage.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Wintrust Arena -- Chicago, Illinois
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Blue Demons are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Hoyas, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Blue Demons as an 8-point favorite.
Georgetown have won eight out of their last 12 games against DePaul.
- Feb 27, 2021 - Georgetown 68 vs. DePaul 60
- Feb 22, 2020 - DePaul 74 vs. Georgetown 68
- Feb 08, 2020 - Georgetown 76 vs. DePaul 72
- Mar 06, 2019 - DePaul 101 vs. Georgetown 69
- Feb 27, 2019 - Georgetown 82 vs. DePaul 73
- Jan 24, 2018 - DePaul 74 vs. Georgetown 73
- Jan 02, 2018 - Georgetown 90 vs. DePaul 81
- Feb 22, 2017 - DePaul 67 vs. Georgetown 65
- Jan 31, 2017 - Georgetown 76 vs. DePaul 73
- Mar 09, 2016 - Georgetown 70 vs. DePaul 53
- Jan 09, 2016 - Georgetown 74 vs. DePaul 63
- Dec 30, 2015 - Georgetown 70 vs. DePaul 58
Injury Report for DePaul
- Javan Johnson: Game-Time Decision (Hand)
- Javon Freeman-Liberty: Game-Time Decision (Groin)
- Tyon Grant-Foster: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
- Ahamad Bynum: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Georgetown
- Wayne Bristol Jr.: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Jordan Riley: Out for the Season (Shoulder)