NC State @ Clemson
Regular Season Records: NC State 11-20; Clemson 16-15
What to Know
The NC State Wolfpack and the Clemson Tigers are set to clash at 4:30 p.m. ET March 8 at Barclays Center in the first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference Tourney. Clemson will be strutting in after a win while the Wolfpack will be stumbling in from a loss.
This past Saturday, NC State lost to the Florida State Seminoles on the road by a decisive 89-76 margin. The losing side was boosted by guard Terquavion Smith, who shot 5-for-10 from beyond the arc and finished with 30 points.
Meanwhile, Clemson came out on top in a nail-biter against the Virginia Tech Hokies this past Saturday, sneaking past 63-59. Four players on Clemson scored in the double digits: forward PJ Hall (12), guard Alex Hemenway (11), guard Al-Amir Dawes (10), and guard David Collins (10).
NC State is expected to lose this next one by 5. Now might not be the best time to take the Wolfpack against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
When the two teams last met earlier in the regular season, NC State was in the race but had to settle for second with a 70-65 finish. Can they avenge their defeat, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ACC Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Tigers are a 5-point favorite against the Wolfpack, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Tigers as a 5.5-point favorite.
Clemson have won six out of their last 11 games against NC State.
- Jan 08, 2022 - Clemson 70 vs. NC State 65
- Jan 05, 2021 - Clemson 74 vs. NC State 70
- Jan 18, 2020 - NC State 60 vs. Clemson 54
- Jan 04, 2020 - Clemson 81 vs. NC State 70
- Mar 13, 2019 - NC State 59 vs. Clemson 58
- Jan 26, 2019 - NC State 69 vs. Clemson 67
- Jan 11, 2018 - NC State 78 vs. Clemson 77
- Dec 30, 2017 - Clemson 78 vs. NC State 62
- Mar 07, 2017 - Clemson 75 vs. NC State 61
- Mar 01, 2017 - Clemson 78 vs. NC State 74
- Feb 20, 2016 - NC State 77 vs. Clemson 74
Injury Report for ClemsonNo Injury Information
Injury Report for NC State
- Thomas Allen: Out (Foot)
- Breon Pass: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Manny Bates: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Greg Gantt: Out (Abdomen)
- Ernest Ross: Out for the Season (Ankle)