Pittsburgh @ Florida State
Current Records: Pittsburgh 8-16; Florida State 13-9
What to Know
The Florida State Seminoles and the Pittsburgh Panthers will face off in an ACC clash at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 9 at Donald L. Tucker Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
FSU came up short against the Wake Forest Demon Deacons on Saturday, falling 68-60. Guard RayQuan Evans had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 30 minutes but putting up just nine points on 3-for-11 shooting.
Meanwhile, Pitt found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 74-47 punch to the gut against the Virginia Tech Hokies on Monday. The Panthers were surely aware of their 13-point disadvantage in the point spread, but the foreknowledge did nothing to prevent the result. Their loss shouldn't obscure the performances of guard Femi Odukale, who had 16 points, and forward Mouhamadou Gueye, who shot 5-for-7 from downtown and finished with 15 points and four blocks.
The Seminoles are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take FSU against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
FSU is now 13-9 while Pitt sits at 8-16. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: FSU enters the contest with 15.9 takeaways on average, good for 30th best in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, the Panthers are 17th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.5 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against Pitt.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Donald L. Tucker Center -- Tallahassee, Florida
- TV: ACC Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Seminoles are a big 10-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Seminoles as a 10.5-point favorite.
Pittsburgh have won four out of their last seven games against Florida State.
- Feb 20, 2021 - Florida State 79 vs. Pittsburgh 72
- Feb 18, 2020 - Florida State 82 vs. Pittsburgh 67
- Nov 06, 2019 - Pittsburgh 63 vs. Florida State 61
- Jan 14, 2019 - Pittsburgh 75 vs. Florida State 62
- Feb 18, 2018 - Florida State 88 vs. Pittsburgh 75
- Feb 18, 2017 - Pittsburgh 80 vs. Florida State 66
- Jan 23, 2016 - Pittsburgh 74 vs. Florida State 72
Injury Report for Florida State
- Cam'Ron Fletcher: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- John Butler: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Anthony Polite: Out (Wrist)
- Naheem McLeod: Out (Hand)
- Malik Osborne: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Pittsburgh
- Nike Sibande: Out for the Season (Knee)