Portland @ Gonzaga
Current Records: Portland 11-9; Gonzaga 16-2
What to Know
The Portland Pilots and the #2 Gonzaga Bulldogs will face off in a West Coast clash at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 29 at McCarthey Athletic Center. These two teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
Portland was able to grind out a solid win over the Pacific Tigers this past Thursday, winning 64-56. The Pilots got double-digit scores from four players: forward Moses Wood (19), guard Chris Austin (15), guard Tyler Robertson (13), and forward Chika Nduka (10).
Meanwhile, Gonzaga simply couldn't be stopped this past Thursday, as they easily beat the Loyola Marymount Lions at home 89-55. The Bulldogs' center Chet Holmgren did his thing and had 21 points along with nine rebounds and three blocks.
Portland have to know they'll be fighting an uphill battle given the 32 point spread they are up against. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
Portland suffered a grim 116-88 defeat to Gonzaga when the two teams previously met in January of last year. Can the Pilots avenge their loss, or is history doomed to repeat itself? We'll soon find out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: McCarthey Athletic Center -- Spokane, Washington
- TV: ROOT SPORTS
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Bulldogs are a big 32-point favorite against the Pilots, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 32-point spread, and stayed right there.
Gonzaga have won all of the games they've played against Portland in the last eight years.
- Jan 09, 2021 - Gonzaga 116 vs. Portland 88
- Jan 02, 2020 - Gonzaga 85 vs. Portland 72
- Jan 19, 2019 - Gonzaga 89 vs. Portland 66
- Jan 25, 2018 - Gonzaga 95 vs. Portland 79
- Jan 11, 2018 - Gonzaga 103 vs. Portland 57
- Jan 23, 2017 - Gonzaga 83 vs. Portland 64
- Jan 21, 2017 - Gonzaga 73 vs. Portland 52
- Mar 06, 2016 - Gonzaga 92 vs. Portland 67
- Feb 11, 2016 - Gonzaga 92 vs. Portland 66
- Jan 09, 2016 - Gonzaga 85 vs. Portland 74
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Dominick Harris: Out (Foot)
- Kaden Perry: Out (Back)
Injury Report for Portland
- Jack Perry: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)