Purdue @ Illinois
Current Records: Purdue 14-2; Illinois 13-3
What to Know
The #7 Purdue Boilermakers haven't won a game against the #25 Illinois Fighting Illini since Feb. 27 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Monday. Purdue and the Fighting Illini will face off in a Big Ten battle at noon ET at State Farm Center. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
Purdue took their matchup against the Nebraska Cornhuskers this past Friday by a conclusive 92-65 score. The Boilermakers' center Zach Edey looked sharp as he had 22 points in addition to nine rebounds.
Meanwhile, Illinois didn't have too much trouble with the Michigan Wolverines at home this past Friday as they won 68-53. Illinois relied on the efforts of center Kofi Cockburn, who posted a double-double on 21 points and ten boards, and guard Trent Frazier, who had 18 points and seven assists.
Purdue is expected to win this handily, but they should have beaten the Wisconsin Badgers Jan. 3 easily too and instead slipped up with a 74-69. In other words, don't count the Fighting Illini out just yet.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: State Farm Center -- Champaign, Illinois
- TV: FOX
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.00
The Fighting Illini are a slight 1-point favorite against the Boilermakers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Fighting Illini as a 1.5-point favorite.
Illinois and Purdue both have four wins in their last eight games.
- Jan 02, 2021 - Illinois 66 vs. Purdue 58
- Jan 21, 2020 - Illinois 79 vs. Purdue 62
- Jan 05, 2020 - Illinois 63 vs. Purdue 37
- Feb 27, 2019 - Purdue 73 vs. Illinois 56
- Feb 22, 2018 - Purdue 93 vs. Illinois 86
- Jan 17, 2017 - Purdue 91 vs. Illinois 68
- Mar 11, 2016 - Purdue 89 vs. Illinois 58
- Jan 10, 2016 - Illinois 84 vs. Purdue 70
Injury Report for Illinois
- Andre Curbelo: Game-Time Decision (Neck)
- Austin Hutcherson: Out for the Season (Back)
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)