South Carolina Upstate @ Longwood
Current Records: South Carolina Upstate 10-12; Longwood 17-5
What to Know
The Longwood Lancers lost both of their matches to the South Carolina Upstate Spartans last season on scores of 69-71 and 59-65, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. The Lancers and South Carolina Upstate will face off in a Big South battle at 7 p.m. ET Thursday at Willett Hall. Longwood is out to keep their eight-game home win streak alive.
Longwood came out on top in a nail-biter against the Charleston Southern Buccaneers on Saturday, sneaking past 69-67.
Meanwhile, South Carolina Upstate came up short against the Campbell Fighting Camels on Saturday, falling 80-71.
Longwood is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. Those burned by picking them against the spread on Saturday might want to keep in mind that the team has not yet dropped back-to-back games against the spread this season.
Longwood's victory lifted them to 17-5 while South Carolina Upstate's loss dropped them down to 10-12. We'll see if the Lancers can repeat their recent success or if the Spartans bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Willett Hall -- Farmville, Virginia
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lancers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
South Carolina Upstate have won four out of their last six games against Longwood.
- Jan 05, 2021 - South Carolina Upstate 65 vs. Longwood 59
- Jan 04, 2021 - South Carolina Upstate 71 vs. Longwood 69
- Feb 20, 2020 - Longwood 68 vs. South Carolina Upstate 58
- Jan 04, 2020 - South Carolina Upstate 73 vs. Longwood 56
- Feb 16, 2019 - Longwood 83 vs. South Carolina Upstate 79
- Jan 26, 2019 - South Carolina Upstate 80 vs. Longwood 63