Ohio State @ Nebraska
Current Records: Ohio State 8-2; Nebraska 6-7
What to Know
The Nebraska Cornhuskers haven't won a contest against the #13 Ohio State Buckeyes since Feb. 18 of 2017, but they'll be looking to end the drought on Sunday. Nebraska has the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Buckeyes at 8 p.m. ET Jan. 2 at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The stars were brightly shining for the Cornhuskers in an 88-74 win over the Kennesaw State Owls two weeks ago. Nebraska got double-digit scores from four players: guard Keisei Tominaga (18), guard Alonzo Verge Jr. (16), forward Derrick Walker (11), and guard Bryce McGowens (11). Derrick Walker's performance made up for a slower game against the Kansas State Wildcats two weeks ago.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the matchup between the Buckeyes and the Wisconsin Badgers three weeks ago was still a pretty decisive one as OSU wrapped it up with a 73-55 victory at home. It was another big night for OSU's forward E.J. Liddell, who had 28 points along with nine boards.
Nebraska is expected to lose this next one by 9.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the squad is 1-3 ATS when expected to lose.
The Cornhuskers were pulverized by OSU 90-54 when the two teams previously met in December of 2020. Maybe Nebraska will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the contest and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Pinnacle Bank Arena -- Lincoln, Nebraska
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $10.00
The Buckeyes are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Cornhuskers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 9.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Ohio State have won seven out of their last eight games against Nebraska.
- Dec 30, 2020 - Ohio State 90 vs. Nebraska 54
- Feb 27, 2020 - Ohio State 75 vs. Nebraska 54
- Jan 14, 2020 - Ohio State 80 vs. Nebraska 68
- Jan 26, 2019 - Ohio State 70 vs. Nebraska 60
- Jan 22, 2018 - Ohio State 64 vs. Nebraska 59
- Feb 18, 2017 - Nebraska 58 vs. Ohio State 57
- Jan 18, 2017 - Ohio State 67 vs. Nebraska 66
- Feb 20, 2016 - Ohio State 65 vs. Nebraska 62
Injury Report for Nebraska
- Trey McGowens: Out (Foot)
- Quaran Mcpherson: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Wilhelm Breidenbach: Out for the Season (Leg)
Injury Report for Ohio State
- Seth Towns: Out (Back)
- Justice Sueing: Out (Abdomen)
- Kyle Young: Out (Undisclosed)