San Jose State @ New Mexico
Current Records: San Jose State 7-11; New Mexico 7-13
What to Know
The New Mexico Lobos and the San Jose State Spartans will face off in a Mountain West clash at 9 p.m. ET Jan. 28 at The Pit. The teams split their matchups last year, with New Mexico winning the first 67-51 at home and SJSU taking the second 83-71.
The Lobos were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Tuesday as they fell 65-60 to the Fresno State Bulldogs. One thing holding New Mexico back was the mediocre play of guard KJ Jenkins, who did not have his best game: he played for 29 minutes but put up just eight points on 3-for-11 shooting.
Meanwhile, SJSU came up short against the Air Force Falcons on Tuesday, falling 63-53. Guard Omari Moore put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 20 points along with eight boards.
New Mexico is the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. They hadn't treated fans well this season, but they at least enjoy a 12-5-2 record against the spread.
With both teams hitting sour notes in their previous games, they will no doubt be looking to produce a better outcome in this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: The Pit -- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $58.85
The Lobos are a big 10-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lobos as a 9.5-point favorite.
New Mexico have won eight out of their last 12 games against San Jose State.
- Jan 23, 2021 - San Jose State 83 vs. New Mexico 71
- Jan 21, 2021 - New Mexico 67 vs. San Jose State 51
- Mar 04, 2020 - New Mexico 79 vs. San Jose State 66
- Jan 21, 2020 - New Mexico 86 vs. San Jose State 59
- Jan 01, 2020 - San Jose State 88 vs. New Mexico 85
- Feb 26, 2019 - San Jose State 89 vs. New Mexico 82
- Feb 13, 2019 - New Mexico 92 vs. San Jose State 60
- Feb 03, 2018 - New Mexico 71 vs. San Jose State 68
- Jan 06, 2018 - New Mexico 80 vs. San Jose State 47
- Feb 04, 2017 - San Jose State 78 vs. New Mexico 68
- Feb 13, 2016 - New Mexico 74 vs. San Jose State 58
- Jan 23, 2016 - New Mexico 83 vs. San Jose State 64
Injury Report for New Mexico
- Saquan Singleton: Game-Time Decision (Toe)
- Emmanuel Kuac: Out for the Season (Lower Leg)
Injury Report for San Jose State
- Ibrahima Diallo: Game-Time Decision (Knee)