Texas Tech @ Oklahoma
Current Records: Texas Tech 18-5; Oklahoma 13-10
What to Know
The #9 Texas Tech Red Raiders won both of their matches against the Oklahoma Sooners last season (69-67 and 57-52) and are aiming for the same result on Wednesday. The Red Raiders and Oklahoma will face off in a Big 12 battle at 9 p.m. ET at Lloyd Noble Center. If the game is anything like their last meeting in last February, where Texas Tech won 57-52, we could be in for a big score.
Texas Tech beat the West Virginia Mountaineers 60-53 on Saturday. Forward Bryson Williams (15 points) was the top scorer for Texas Tech.
Meanwhile, Oklahoma came up short against the Oklahoma State Cowboys on Saturday, falling 64-55. Guard Jordan Goldwire had a rough day: he played for 32 minutes but put up just five points on 2-for-11 shooting.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Red Raiders are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a six-game streak of ATS wins.
Texas Tech is now 18-5 while the Sooners sit at 13-10. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Texas Tech have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.60%, which places them eighth in college basketball. But Oklahoma comes into the game boasting the 24th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 48%. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Lloyd Noble Center -- Norman, Oklahoma
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Red Raiders are a 3-point favorite against the Sooners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
Texas Tech have won eight out of their last 12 games against Oklahoma.
- Feb 01, 2021 - Texas Tech 57 vs. Oklahoma 52
- Dec 22, 2020 - Texas Tech 69 vs. Oklahoma 67
- Feb 25, 2020 - Oklahoma 65 vs. Texas Tech 51
- Feb 04, 2020 - Texas Tech 69 vs. Oklahoma 61
- Feb 09, 2019 - Texas Tech 66 vs. Oklahoma 54
- Jan 08, 2019 - Texas Tech 66 vs. Oklahoma 59
- Feb 13, 2018 - Texas Tech 88 vs. Oklahoma 78
- Jan 09, 2018 - Oklahoma 75 vs. Texas Tech 65
- Feb 04, 2017 - Texas Tech 77 vs. Oklahoma 69
- Jan 14, 2017 - Oklahoma 84 vs. Texas Tech 75
- Feb 17, 2016 - Texas Tech 65 vs. Oklahoma 63
- Jan 26, 2016 - Oklahoma 91 vs. Texas Tech 67
Injury Report for Oklahoma
- Marvin Johnson: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
Injury Report for Texas Tech
- Terrence Shannon Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Adonis Arms: Game-Time Decision (Upper Body)
- Sardaar Calhoun: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Ethan Duncan: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)