Michigan State @ Penn State
Current Records: Michigan State 5-4; Penn State 6-2
What to Know
The Michigan State Spartans and the Penn State Nittany Lions are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at 6:30 p.m. ET Dec. 7 at Bryce Jordan Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Spartans winning the first 80-64 at home and Penn State taking the second 62-58.
MSU came up short against the Northwestern Wildcats on Sunday, falling 70-63. Guard Pierre Brooks had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 29 minutes but putting up just nine points.
Meanwhile, the Nittany Lions came up short against the Clemson Tigers last Tuesday, falling 101-94. Despite the defeat, Penn State had strong showings from guard Seth Lundy, who posted a double-double on 23 points and 12 boards, and guard Camren Wynter, who had 26 points.
MSU is expected to lose this next one by 4. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
MSU is now 5-4 while Penn State sits at 6-2. A couple stats to keep an eye on: The Spartans are third worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.4 on average. The Nittany Lions have experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the contest with the 351st fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 10.3 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Bryce Jordan Center -- University Park, Pennsylvania
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nittany Lions are a 4-point favorite against the Spartans, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 4-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Michigan State have won eight out of their last 11 games against Penn State.
- Feb 15, 2022 - Penn State 62 vs. Michigan State 58
- Dec 11, 2021 - Michigan State 80 vs. Penn State 64
- Feb 09, 2021 - Michigan State 60 vs. Penn State 58
- Mar 03, 2020 - Michigan State 79 vs. Penn State 71
- Feb 04, 2020 - Penn State 75 vs. Michigan State 70
- Jan 13, 2019 - Michigan State 71 vs. Penn State 56
- Jan 31, 2018 - Michigan State 76 vs. Penn State 68
- Mar 09, 2017 - Michigan State 78 vs. Penn State 51
- Jan 07, 2017 - Penn State 72 vs. Michigan State 63
- Feb 28, 2016 - Michigan State 88 vs. Penn State 57
- Jan 10, 2016 - Michigan State 92 vs. Penn State 65