Gonzaga @ Pepperdine
Current Records: Gonzaga 21-2; Pepperdine 7-20
What to Know
The #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Bulldogs and the Pepperdine Waves will face off in a West Coast battle at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday at Firestone Fieldhouse. Gonzaga should still be riding high after a win, while Pepperdine will be looking to regain their footing.
Gonzaga strolled past the Saint Mary's Gaels with points to spare on Saturday, taking the contest 74-58. It was another big night for Gonzaga's forward Drew Timme, who had 25 points and five assists along with eight rebounds.
Meanwhile, Pepperdine was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Saturday as they fell 91-85 to the Brigham Young Cougars. Pepperdine's loss came about despite a quality game from guard Houston Mallette, who shot 5-for-6 from downtown and finished with 31 points.
The Bulldogs are the favorite in this one, with an expected 30.5-point (!) margin of victory. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 3-0 ATS in away games but only 13-9-1 all in all.
Everything came up roses for Gonzaga at home against the Waves in the teams' previous meeting in January as the squad secured a 117-83 victory. The rematch might be a little tougher for Gonzaga since the team won't have home-court advantage. We'll see if the change in venue makes a difference.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Firestone Fieldhouse -- Malibu, California
- TV: ESPN2
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $69.00
The Bulldogs are a big 30.5-point favorite against the Waves, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 29.5-point favorite.
Gonzaga have won all of the games they've played against Pepperdine in the last eight years.
- Jan 08, 2022 - Gonzaga 117 vs. Pepperdine 83
- Jan 30, 2021 - Gonzaga 97 vs. Pepperdine 75
- Jan 14, 2021 - Gonzaga 95 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Feb 15, 2020 - Gonzaga 89 vs. Pepperdine 77
- Jan 04, 2020 - Gonzaga 75 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Mar 11, 2019 - Gonzaga 100 vs. Pepperdine 74
- Feb 21, 2019 - Gonzaga 92 vs. Pepperdine 64
- Feb 17, 2018 - Gonzaga 81 vs. Pepperdine 67
- Jan 04, 2018 - Gonzaga 89 vs. Pepperdine 59
- Jan 28, 2017 - Gonzaga 96 vs. Pepperdine 49
- Dec 29, 2016 - Gonzaga 92 vs. Pepperdine 62
- Feb 07, 2016 - Gonzaga 69 vs. Pepperdine 66
- Dec 21, 2015 - Gonzaga 99 vs. Pepperdine 73
Injury Report for Pepperdine
- Jade' Smith: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Dominick Harris: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Kaden Perry: Game-Time Decision (Back)