Illinois @ Purdue
Current Records: Illinois 17-5; Purdue 20-3
What to Know
The #13 Illinois Fighting Illini and the #3 Purdue Boilermakers are set to square off in a Big Ten matchup at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 8 at Mackey Arena. Both teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The Fighting Illini had enough points to win and then some against the Indiana Hoosiers this past Saturday, taking their matchup 74-57. Illinois' guard Trent Frazier looked sharp as he had 23 points.
Meanwhile, the Michigan Wolverines typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Boilermakers proved too difficult a challenge. Purdue secured an 82-76 W over the Wolverines. Purdue's forward Trevion Williams was one of the most active players for the team, picking up 19 points along with eight boards.
The Fighting Illini are expected to lose this next one by 5.5. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Illinois is now 17-5 while Purdue sits at 20-3. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Illinois is 19th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.6 on average. The Boilermakers have had an even harder time: they are stumbling into the game with the second fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only ten on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Mackey Arena -- West Lafayette, Indiana
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $75.54
The Boilermakers are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Fighting Illini, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Boilermakers as a 6-point favorite.
Purdue have won five out of their last nine games against Illinois.
- Jan 17, 2022 - Purdue 96 vs. Illinois 88
- Jan 02, 2021 - Illinois 66 vs. Purdue 58
- Jan 21, 2020 - Illinois 79 vs. Purdue 62
- Jan 05, 2020 - Illinois 63 vs. Purdue 37
- Feb 27, 2019 - Purdue 73 vs. Illinois 56
- Feb 22, 2018 - Purdue 93 vs. Illinois 86
- Jan 17, 2017 - Purdue 91 vs. Illinois 68
- Mar 11, 2016 - Purdue 89 vs. Illinois 58
- Jan 10, 2016 - Illinois 84 vs. Purdue 70
Injury Report for Purdue
- Trey Kaufman-Renn: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Brian Waddell: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Illinois
- Austin Hutcherson: Out for the Season (Back)