Air Force @ San Jose State
Current Records: Air Force 9-8; San Jose State 7-10
What to Know
The San Jose State Spartans won both of their matches against the Air Force Falcons last season (59-58 and 75-62) and are aiming for the same result on Tuesday. SJSU and Air Force will face off in a Mountain West battle at 10 p.m. ET at Provident Credit Union Event Center. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this game.
The Spartans came up short against the UNLV Rebels this past Saturday, falling 70-62. San Jose State's defeat came about despite a quality game from forward Trey Anderson, who had 19 points in addition to nine rebounds.
Meanwhile, Air Force was expected to have a tough go of it this past Saturday, and, well, they did. They suffered a grim 73-53 defeat to the Colorado State Rams. Guard Ethan Taylor had a pretty forgettable game, picking up four fouls and turning the ball over five times en route to a 10-point finish.
Barring any buzzer beaters, SJSU is expected to win a tight contest. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (3-0), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The losses put SJSU at 7-10 and the Falcons at 9-8. A pair of numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Spartans are 13th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.5 on average. Air Force has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 35th most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 14.9 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Provident Credit Union Event Center -- San Jose, California
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $73.79
The Spartans are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Falcons, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Air Force have won seven out of their last 13 games against San Jose State.
- Jan 30, 2021 - San Jose State 75 vs. Air Force 62
- Jan 28, 2021 - San Jose State 59 vs. Air Force 58
- Feb 15, 2020 - Air Force 95 vs. San Jose State 86
- Jan 25, 2020 - San Jose State 90 vs. Air Force 81
- Mar 13, 2019 - Air Force 87 vs. San Jose State 56
- Feb 23, 2019 - Air Force 82 vs. San Jose State 68
- Jan 26, 2019 - Air Force 73 vs. San Jose State 71
- Mar 03, 2018 - Air Force 83 vs. San Jose State 61
- Jan 13, 2018 - Air Force 78 vs. San Jose State 71
- Feb 18, 2017 - San Jose State 83 vs. Air Force 78
- Jan 14, 2017 - San Jose State 89 vs. Air Force 85
- Jan 30, 2016 - San Jose State 75 vs. Air Force 54
- Jan 02, 2016 - Air Force 64 vs. San Jose State 57
Injury Report for San Jose State
- Ibrahima Diallo: Game-Time Decision (Knee)