Butler @ St. John's
Current Records: Butler 13-13; St. John's 14-11
What to Know
The Butler Bulldogs will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to Carnesecca Arena at 5 p.m. ET Friday. Both teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
On Tuesday, Butler narrowly escaped with a victory as the team sidled past the DePaul Blue Demons 73-71. Four players on the Bulldogs scored in the double digits: guard Simas Lukosius (19), guard Chuck Harris (18), guard Jayden Taylor (12), and guard Aaron Thompson (11).
Meanwhile, the St. John's Red Storm didn't have too much trouble with the Xavier Musketeers on the road on Wednesday as they won 86-73. It was another big night for St. John's' guard Julian Champagnie, who had 27 points and five assists.
Butler is expected to lose this next one by 8. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Butler is now 13-13 while St. John's sits at 14-11. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: The Bulldogs are 18th worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 63.7 on average. The Red Storm's offense has more to brag about, as they they come into the contest boasting the 26th most points per game in college basketball at 78.8. So the cards are definitely stacked in their favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Carnesecca Arena -- Jamaica, New York
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Red Storm are a big 8-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Red Storm as a 9-point favorite.
Butler have won eight out of their last 13 games against St. John's.
- Feb 05, 2022 - St. John's 75 vs. Butler 72
- Feb 09, 2021 - Butler 76 vs. St. John's 73
- Jan 12, 2021 - St. John's 69 vs. Butler 57
- Mar 04, 2020 - Butler 77 vs. St. John's 55
- Dec 31, 2019 - Butler 60 vs. St. John's 58
- Feb 12, 2019 - St. John's 77 vs. Butler 73
- Jan 19, 2019 - Butler 80 vs. St. John's 71
- Feb 28, 2018 - St. John's 75 vs. Butler 68
- Jan 27, 2018 - Butler 70 vs. St. John's 45
- Feb 15, 2017 - Butler 110 vs. St. John's 86
- Dec 29, 2016 - St. John's 76 vs. Butler 73
- Feb 06, 2016 - Butler 89 vs. St. John's 56
- Jan 16, 2016 - Butler 78 vs. St. John's 58
Injury Report for St. John's
- Rafael Pinzon: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Butler
- Christian David: Game-Time Decision (Knee)
- Bo Hodges: Out (Undisclosed)