Texas-El Paso @ Texas-San Antonio
Current Records: Texas-El Paso 10-8; Texas-San Antonio 7-12
What to Know
The Texas-El Paso Miners and the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners are set to square off in a Conference USA matchup at 4 p.m. ET Jan. 23 at UTSA Convocation Center. The Miners will be strutting in after a win while Texas-San Antonio will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Roadrunners are out to make up for these teams' contest this past Thursday. Texas-El Paso managed a 69-64 victory over Texas-San Antonio. Texas-El Paso can attribute much of their success to guard Jorell Saterfield, who shot 6-for-8 from downtown and finished with 18 points.
Texas-El Paso is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. The odds have been favorable for them against the spread on the road this season, even if it's been tough sledding overall. They are 4-2 ATS in away games but only 6-9 all in all.
The Miners are now 10-8 while the Roadrunners sit at 7-12. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Texas-El Paso has only been able to knock down 40.90% percent of their shots, which is the 35th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. Texas-San Antonio has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 38.40% percent of their shots, which is the 351st lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. It could be a slow evening.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4 p.m. ET
- Where: UTSA Convocation Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Miners are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Roadrunners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Miners as a 7-point favorite.
Texas-San Antonio have won nine out of their last 14 games against Texas-El Paso.
- Jan 20, 2022 - Texas-El Paso 69 vs. Texas-San Antonio 64
- Jan 30, 2021 - Texas-El Paso 69 vs. Texas-San Antonio 51
- Jan 28, 2021 - Texas-San Antonio 86 vs. Texas-El Paso 79
- Jan 18, 2020 - Texas-San Antonio 86 vs. Texas-El Paso 70
- Jan 15, 2020 - Texas-El Paso 80 vs. Texas-San Antonio 77
- Jan 05, 2019 - Texas-San Antonio 67 vs. Texas-El Paso 63
- Jan 03, 2019 - Texas-San Antonio 75 vs. Texas-El Paso 60
- Mar 07, 2018 - Texas-San Antonio 71 vs. Texas-El Paso 58
- Feb 10, 2018 - Texas-San Antonio 63 vs. Texas-El Paso 59
- Jan 20, 2018 - Texas-San Antonio 65 vs. Texas-El Paso 61
- Jan 21, 2017 - Texas-El Paso 59 vs. Texas-San Antonio 39
- Jan 01, 2017 - Texas-San Antonio 67 vs. Texas-El Paso 55
- Mar 05, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 81 vs. Texas-San Antonio 74
- Jan 16, 2016 - Texas-San Antonio 71 vs. Texas-El Paso 67
Injury Report for Texas-San Antonio
- Jordan Ivy-Curry: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Josh Farmer: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Christian Tucker: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
- Cedrick Alley Jr.: Out for the Season (Academics)
- Aleu Aleu: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Texas-El Paso
- Keonte Kennedy: Game-Time Decision (Foot)