Arizona State @ USC
Regular Season Records: Arizona State 21-11; USC 22-9
What to Know
The Arizona State Sun Devils have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the USC Trojans and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 8 of 2020. The Sun Devils and USC are set to clash at 11:30 p.m. ET March 9 at T-Mobile Arena in the second round of the Pac-12 Conference Tournament.
ASU earned some postseason bragging rights after a successful outing on Wednesday. They snuck past the Oregon State Beavers with a 63-57 victory. ASU's forward Warren Washington filled up the stat sheet, picking up 15 points in addition to nine boards.
USC is hoping for another victory. They sure made it a nail-biter, but they managed to escape with a 68-65 victory over ASU on Saturday. Guard Boogie Ellis had 28 points along with five rebounds, and this makes it back-to-back games in which he has scored at least 41% of the Trojans' points.
The Sun Devils are expected to lose this next one by 3. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-4 against the spread when expected to lose.
A couple defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: ASU have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39.30%, which places them ninth in college basketball. But the Trojans are even better: they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 39%, which places them seventh in college basketball. We'll see if that edge gives USC a route to victory.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11:30 p.m. ET
- Where: T-Mobile Arena -- Las Vegas, Nevada
- TV: ESPN
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Trojans are a 3-point favorite against the Sun Devils, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 3-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
USC have won ten out of their last 14 games against Arizona State.
- Mar 04, 2023 - USC 68 vs. Arizona State 65
- Jan 21, 2023 - USC 77 vs. Arizona State 69
- Feb 03, 2022 - USC 58 vs. Arizona State 53
- Jan 24, 2022 - USC 78 vs. Arizona State 56
- Feb 17, 2021 - USC 89 vs. Arizona State 71
- Jan 09, 2021 - USC 73 vs. Arizona State 64
- Feb 29, 2020 - USC 71 vs. Arizona State 61
- Feb 08, 2020 - Arizona State 66 vs. USC 64
- Jan 26, 2019 - USC 69 vs. Arizona State 67
- Feb 08, 2018 - Arizona State 80 vs. USC 78
- Feb 26, 2017 - Arizona State 83 vs. USC 82
- Jan 22, 2017 - USC 82 vs. Arizona State 79
- Feb 12, 2016 - Arizona State 74 vs. USC 67
- Jan 07, 2016 - USC 75 vs. Arizona State 65