California @ Utah
Current Records: California 4-4; Utah 5-2
What to Know
The California Golden Bears have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. California and the Utah Utes will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 5 p.m. ET Sunday at Jon M. Huntsman Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Golden Bears winning the first 72-63 on the road and Utah taking the second 76-75.
California had enough points to win and then some against the Oregon State Beavers this past Thursday, taking their contest 73-61. California's forward Andre Kelly did his thing and dropped a double-double on 20 points and 13 rebounds.
Meanwhile, things couldn't have gone much worse for Utah as they lost 93-73 to the Southern California Trojans this past Wednesday. Guard Lazar Stefanovic had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 26 minutes but putting up just four points on 2-for-12 shooting.
The Golden Bears are expected to lose this next one by 9. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
California's victory brought them up to 4-4 while the Utes' loss pulled them down to 5-2. A couple stats to keep an eye on: California is stumbling into the game with the 38th fewest takeaways in college basketball, having accrued only 11.3 on average. Utah has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 351st worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 9.6 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 5 p.m. ET
- Where: Jon M. Huntsman Center -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The Utes are a big 9-point favorite against the Golden Bears, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Utes as an 8-point favorite.
Utah have won seven out of their last 12 games against California.
- Feb 11, 2021 - Utah 76 vs. California 75
- Jan 16, 2021 - California 72 vs. Utah 63
- Feb 29, 2020 - California 86 vs. Utah 79
- Feb 08, 2020 - Utah 60 vs. California 45
- Jan 26, 2019 - Utah 82 vs. California 64
- Feb 10, 2018 - Utah 77 vs. California 43
- Mar 09, 2017 - California 78 vs. Utah 75
- Mar 02, 2017 - Utah 74 vs. California 44
- Feb 02, 2017 - California 77 vs. Utah 75
- Mar 11, 2016 - Utah 82 vs. California 78
- Jan 27, 2016 - Utah 73 vs. California 64
- Jan 03, 2016 - California 71 vs. Utah 58
Injury Report for Utah
- Branden Carlson: Game-Time Decision (Ankle)
- Marco Anthony: Out (Ankle)
- Gabe Madsen: Out (Illness)
- Dusan Mahorcic: Out (Knee)
- Bostyn Holt: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for California
- D.J. Thorpe: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Marsalis Roberson: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Monty Bowser: Out (Ankle)