Massachusetts @ Northeastern
Current Records: Massachusetts 6-3; Northeastern 5-4
What to Know
The Northeastern Huskies have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Massachusetts Minutemen at 7 p.m. ET Dec. 7 at Matthews Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with UMass winning the first 94-79 at home and the Huskies taking the second 78-75.
Northeastern didn't have too much breathing room in their matchup with the Colgate Raiders last week, but they still walked away with a 74-69 win.
Meanwhile, UMass beat the Harvard Crimson 87-77 this past Saturday. Guard Noah Fernandes and guard T.J. Weeks Jr. were among the main playmakers for UMass as the former shot 6-for-9 from downtown and finished with 24 points, nine assists and seven boards and the latter had 21 points along with eight rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Northeastern is expected to win a tight contest on Tuesday. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
The Huskies are now 5-4 while the Minutemen sit at 6-3. Northeastern is 3-1 after wins this season, UMass 2-3.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Matthews Arena -- Boston, Massachusetts
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Huskies are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Minutemen, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Huskies as a 1.5-point favorite.
Massachusetts have won two out of their last three games against Northeastern.
- Dec 13, 2020 - Northeastern 78 vs. Massachusetts 75
- Dec 11, 2020 - Massachusetts 94 vs. Northeastern 79
- Nov 12, 2019 - Massachusetts 80 vs. Northeastern 71
Injury Report for Northeastern
- Joe Pridgen: Out (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Massachusetts
- Dibaji Walker: Out for the Season (Undisclosed)