Northwestern @ Ohio State
Current Records: Northwestern 8-4; Ohio State 9-3
What to Know
The Northwestern Wildcats have enjoyed the comforts of home their last four games, but now they must head out on the road. The Wildcats and the #13 Ohio State Buckeyes will face off in a Big Ten battle at 5:30 p.m. ET Sunday at Value City Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Northwestern winning the first 71-70 at home and OSU taking the second 81-71.
Northwestern lost a heartbreaker to the Penn State Nittany Lions when they met last January, and they left with a heavy heart again this past Wednesday. Northwestern fell just short of Penn State by a score of 74-70. Guard Boo Buie put forth a good effort for the losing side as he shot 5-for-8 from downtown and finished with 22 points and eight dimes.
Meanwhile, the Buckeyes lost to the Indiana Hoosiers on the road by a decisive 67-51 margin.
The Wildcats are expected to lose this next one by 7.5. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Northwestern at 8-4 and OSU at 9-3. Two numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Northwestern ranks fourth in college basketball when it comes to turnovers per game, with only 8.7 on average. Less enviably, the Buckeyes are 19th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 10.8 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Value City Arena -- Columbus, Ohio
- TV: Big Ten Network
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $8.91
The Buckeyes are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Wildcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Ohio State have won six out of their last nine games against Northwestern.
- Jan 13, 2021 - Ohio State 81 vs. Northwestern 71
- Dec 26, 2020 - Northwestern 71 vs. Ohio State 70
- Jan 26, 2020 - Ohio State 71 vs. Northwestern 59
- Mar 06, 2019 - Northwestern 68 vs. Ohio State 50
- Feb 20, 2019 - Ohio State 63 vs. Northwestern 49
- Jan 17, 2018 - Ohio State 71 vs. Northwestern 65
- Jan 22, 2017 - Northwestern 74 vs. Ohio State 72
- Feb 09, 2016 - Ohio State 71 vs. Northwestern 63
- Jan 06, 2016 - Ohio State 65 vs. Northwestern 56
Injury Report for Ohio State
- Seth Towns: Out (Back)
- Justice Sueing: Out (Abdomen)
Injury Report for Northwestern
- Julian Roper II: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)