Portland @ Pepperdine
Current Records: Portland 9-7; Pepperdine 6-12
What to Know
The Portland Pilots haven't won a matchup against the Pepperdine Waves since Feb. 1 of 2018, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. The Pilots will hit the road for the fourth straight game as they head to Firestone Fieldhouse at 8 p.m. ET. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Portland was within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Thursday as they fell 68-63 to the San Diego Toreros. Guard Mike Meadows (16 points), forward Chika Nduka (15 points), and forward Moses Wood (14 points) were the top scorers for Portland.
Meanwhile, Pepperdine ended up a good deal behind the Saint Mary's Gaels when they played this past Thursday, losing 77-62. One thing holding Pepperdine back was the mediocre play of guard Jade' Smith, who did not have his best game: he played for 32 minutes with 4-for-12 shooting and five turnovers.
Portland is expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 6-1 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Pilots are now 9-7 while the Waves sit at 6-12. Portland is 4-2 after losses this year, Pepperdine 4-7.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: Firestone Fieldhouse -- Malibu, California
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Waves are a solid 6-point favorite against the Pilots, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Waves, as the game opened with the Waves as a 4-point favorite.
Pepperdine have won eight out of their last 12 games against Portland.
- Feb 06, 2021 - Pepperdine 91 vs. Portland 70
- Jan 16, 2021 - Pepperdine 80 vs. Portland 65
- Feb 20, 2020 - Pepperdine 66 vs. Portland 59
- Jan 25, 2020 - Pepperdine 80 vs. Portland 69
- Feb 23, 2019 - Pepperdine 86 vs. Portland 80
- Jan 31, 2019 - Pepperdine 83 vs. Portland 58
- Feb 24, 2018 - Pepperdine 75 vs. Portland 64
- Feb 01, 2018 - Portland 85 vs. Pepperdine 76
- Jan 26, 2017 - Pepperdine 78 vs. Portland 60
- Dec 31, 2016 - Portland 73 vs. Pepperdine 60
- Feb 04, 2016 - Portland 73 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Dec 23, 2015 - Portland 87 vs. Pepperdine 79
Injury Report for Pepperdine
- Keith Fisher III: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Portland
- Jack Perry: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Kristian Sjolund: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)