Arizona State @ Stanford
Current Records: Arizona State 6-9; Stanford 10-6
What to Know
The Stanford Cardinal haven't won a game against the Arizona State Sun Devils since Jan. 12 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought this past Saturday. Stanford and ASU will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 11 p.m. ET at Maples Pavilion. The Sun Devils should still be riding high after a win, while the Cardinal will be looking to get back in the win column.
Stanford was expected to have a tough go of it this past Thursday, and, well, they did. They suffered a grim 85-57 defeat to the Arizona Wildcats. That makes it the first time this season Stanford has let down their home crowd.
Meanwhile, things were close when ASU and the Utah Utes clashed last Monday, but ASU ultimately edged out the opposition 64-62. The Sun Devils got double-digit scores from four players: forward Kimani Lawrence (18), guard DJ Horne (13), forward Jalen Graham (12), and guard Marreon Jackson (10).
The Cardinal are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Stanford against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
Stanford was close but no cigar when the two teams previously met in January of last year as they fell 79-75 to ASU. Maybe Stanford will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Maples Pavilion -- Stanford, California
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $38.00
The Cardinal are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Sun Devils, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 5.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Arizona State have won seven out of their last 11 games against Stanford.
- Jan 30, 2021 - Arizona State 79 vs. Stanford 75
- Feb 13, 2020 - Arizona State 74 vs. Stanford 69
- Feb 20, 2019 - Arizona State 80 vs. Stanford 62
- Jan 12, 2019 - Stanford 85 vs. Arizona State 71
- Mar 03, 2018 - Stanford 84 vs. Arizona State 83
- Jan 17, 2018 - Stanford 86 vs. Arizona State 77
- Mar 08, 2017 - Arizona State 98 vs. Stanford 88
- Feb 11, 2017 - Arizona State 75 vs. Stanford 69
- Dec 30, 2016 - Arizona State 98 vs. Stanford 93
- Mar 03, 2016 - Arizona State 74 vs. Stanford 64
- Jan 23, 2016 - Stanford 75 vs. Arizona State 73
Injury Report for Stanford
- Noah Taitz: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
Injury Report for Arizona State
- Marcus Bagley: Game-Time Decision (Knee)