Southern Miss @ Texas-San Antonio
Current Records: Southern Miss 4-8; Texas-San Antonio 7-7
What to Know
The Southern Miss Golden Eagles lost both of their matches to the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners last season on scores of 64-70 and 72-78, so they're hoping to turn the tables this season. The Golden Eagles will hit the road for the third straight game as they head to UTSA Convocation Center at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday. Texas-San Antonio should still be riding high after a victory, while Southern Miss will be looking to regain their footing.
Southern Miss was just a bucket short of a win two weeks ago and fell 68-67 to the East Carolina Pirates. Guard Jaron Pierre Jr. (20 points) was the top scorer for Southern Miss.
Meanwhile, Texas-San Antonio couldn't have asked for a better start to 2022 than the 101-48 stomp they dished out against the Dallas Christian Crusaders at home on Monday.
The Golden Eagles are expected to lose this next one by 4.5. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 1-7 ATS when expected to lose.
Southern Miss is now 4-8 while the Roadrunners sit at 7-7. A pair of offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Southern Miss is stumbling into the matchup with the seventh fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 61.3 on average. Texas-San Antonio has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 38.40% percent of their shots, which is the lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 8 p.m. ET
- Where: UTSA Convocation Center -- San Antonio, Texas
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Roadrunners are a 4.5-point favorite against the Golden Eagles, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Roadrunners, as the game opened with the Roadrunners as a 3-point favorite.
Texas-San Antonio have won six out of their last 11 games against Southern Miss.
- Jan 23, 2021 - Texas-San Antonio 78 vs. Southern Miss 72
- Jan 22, 2021 - Texas-San Antonio 70 vs. Southern Miss 64
- Jan 11, 2020 - Texas-San Antonio 80 vs. Southern Miss 70
- Mar 09, 2019 - Southern Miss 81 vs. Texas-San Antonio 48
- Feb 14, 2019 - Southern Miss 78 vs. Texas-San Antonio 71
- Feb 22, 2018 - Texas-San Antonio 64 vs. Southern Miss 56
- Jan 06, 2018 - Southern Miss 93 vs. Texas-San Antonio 83
- Feb 09, 2017 - Texas-San Antonio 57 vs. Southern Miss 51
- Jan 05, 2017 - Southern Miss 77 vs. Texas-San Antonio 59
- Feb 20, 2016 - Texas-San Antonio 74 vs. Southern Miss 53
- Jan 30, 2016 - Southern Miss 86 vs. Texas-San Antonio 70
Injury Report for Texas-San Antonio
- Cedrick Alley Jr.: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Phoenix Ford: Game-Time Decision (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for Southern Miss
- Tae Hardy: Out for the Season (Shoulder)