Washington State @ UCLA
Current Records: Washington State 14-10; UCLA 17-5
What to Know
After four games on the road, the #13 UCLA Bruins are heading back home. UCLA and the Washington State Cougars will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 11 p.m. ET on Thursday at Pauley Pavilion. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Bruins winning the first 91-61 at home and Washington State taking the second 81-73.
UCLA lost a heartbreaker to the Southern California Trojans when they met last March, and they left with a heavy heart again on Saturday. It was close but no cigar for UCLA as they fell 67-64 to USC. Guard Jaime Jaquez Jr. had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only five points on 2-for-11 shooting in his 32 minutes on the court.
Speaking of close games: the Cougars were close but no cigar on Monday as they fell 62-59 to the Oregon Ducks. Despite the loss, Washington State got a solid performance out of guard Michael Flowers, who had 23 points in addition to five boards.
The Bruins are the favorite in this one, with an expected 9.5-point margin of victory. They have been good against the spread at home while Washington State has been good against the spread on the road, so something will have to give.
Having both suffered close losses, these teams will no doubt be fighting for every inch to win this one. We'll see which team satisfies their hunger and which team leaves with an empty stomach.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 11 p.m. ET
- Where: Pauley Pavilion -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.94
The Bruins are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bruins as an 8.5-point favorite.
UCLA have won seven out of their last ten games against Washington State.
- Feb 11, 2021 - Washington State 81 vs. UCLA 73
- Jan 14, 2021 - UCLA 91 vs. Washington State 61
- Feb 13, 2020 - UCLA 86 vs. Washington State 83
- Jan 04, 2020 - Washington State 79 vs. UCLA 71
- Jan 30, 2019 - UCLA 87 vs. Washington State 67
- Dec 29, 2017 - UCLA 96 vs. Washington State 82
- Mar 04, 2017 - UCLA 77 vs. Washington State 68
- Feb 01, 2017 - UCLA 95 vs. Washington State 79
- Jan 30, 2016 - UCLA 83 vs. Washington State 50
- Jan 03, 2016 - Washington State 85 vs. UCLA 78
Injury Report for UCLA
- Mac Etienne: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Will McClendon: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Washington State
- Tony Miller: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Carlos Rosario: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Dishon Jackson: Out (Undisclosed)
- Jefferson Koulibaly: Out (Undisclosed)
- TJ Bamba: Out (Undisclosed)
- Myles Rice: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)