Southern California @ Colorado
Current Records: Southern California 14-2; Colorado 12-4
What to Know
The #16 Southern California Trojans haven't won a contest against the Colorado Buffaloes since Feb. 21 of 2018, but they'll be looking to end the drought Thursday. USC and Colorado will face off in a Pac-12 battle at 7:30 p.m. ET at CU Events Center. The Buffaloes will be strutting in after a win while USC will be stumbling in from a loss.
USC entered their game against the Oregon Ducks on Saturday without any home losses -- but there's a first time for everything. USC fell to Oregon 79-69. The losing side was boosted by forward Isaiah Mobley, who had 18 points along with nine boards.
Meanwhile, Colorado had enough points to win and then some against the Arizona State Sun Devils on Saturday, taking their matchup 75-57. Colorado relied on the efforts of guard Keeshawn Barthelemy, who had 16 points in addition to nine rebounds, and forward Jabari Walker, who posted a double-double on 18 points and 13 rebounds. Barthelemy had some trouble finding his footing against the Arizona Wildcats last week, so this was a step in the right direction.
Barring any buzzer beaters, USC is expected to win a tight contest. Now might not be the best time to take USC against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past three consecutive games.
It was close but no cigar for the Trojans as they fell 72-70 to the Buffaloes when the two teams previously met in March of last year. The defeat knocked USC out of the playoffs, so expect them to come at Colorado with a vengeful fire.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: CU Events Center -- Boulder, Colorado
- TV: Pac-12 Networks
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $25.00
The Trojans are a slight 2-point favorite against the Buffaloes, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Trojans as a 1.5-point favorite.
Colorado have won seven out of their last 11 games against Southern California.
- Mar 12, 2021 - Colorado 72 vs. Southern California 70
- Feb 25, 2021 - Colorado 80 vs. Southern California 62
- Dec 31, 2020 - Colorado 72 vs. Southern California 62
- Feb 20, 2020 - Colorado 70 vs. Southern California 66
- Feb 01, 2020 - Colorado 78 vs. Southern California 57
- Mar 09, 2019 - Colorado 78 vs. Southern California 67
- Feb 09, 2019 - Colorado 69 vs. Southern California 65
- Feb 21, 2018 - Southern California 75 vs. Colorado 64
- Jan 10, 2018 - Southern California 70 vs. Colorado 58
- Jan 15, 2017 - Southern California 71 vs. Colorado 68
- Feb 17, 2016 - Southern California 79 vs. Colorado 72