Cincinnati @ Wichita State
Current Records: Cincinnati 12-5; Wichita State 9-6
What to Know
Get ready for an American Athletic battle as the Wichita State Shockers and the Cincinnati Bearcats will face off at 1 p.m. ET Sunday at Charles Koch Arena. The teams split their matchups last year, with Wichita State winning the first 82-76 at home and Cincinnati taking the second 60-59.
The Shockers were just a bucket shy of a victory this past Wednesday and fell 68-67 to the Tulane Green Wave. Guard Qua Grant had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 28 minutes but putting up just six points on 2-for-10 shooting.
Meanwhile, the Bearcats picked up a 79-71 win over the East Carolina Pirates this past Wednesday. Cincinnati's guard Jeremiah Davenport filled up the stat sheet, picking up 22 points in addition to six boards.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Wichita State is expected to win a tight contest. But bettors beware: they are only 3-8 against the spread when favored.
Wichita State is now 9-6 while Cincinnati sits at 12-5. Two stats to keep an eye on: The Shockers have only been able to knock down 40% percent of their shots, which is the 19th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. The Bearcats' defense has more to brag about, as they they have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 37.80%, which places them 12th in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 1 p.m. ET
- Where: Charles Koch Arena -- Wichita, Kansas
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.90
The Shockers are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Bearcats, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Shockers as a 1.5-point favorite.
Cincinnati have won seven out of their last nine games against Wichita State.
- Mar 13, 2021 - Cincinnati 60 vs. Wichita State 59
- Jan 10, 2021 - Wichita State 82 vs. Cincinnati 76
- Feb 23, 2020 - Cincinnati 67 vs. Wichita State 64
- Feb 06, 2020 - Cincinnati 80 vs. Wichita State 79
- Mar 16, 2019 - Cincinnati 66 vs. Wichita State 63
- Feb 17, 2019 - Cincinnati 72 vs. Wichita State 62
- Jan 19, 2019 - Cincinnati 66 vs. Wichita State 55
- Mar 04, 2018 - Cincinnati 62 vs. Wichita State 61
- Feb 18, 2018 - Wichita State 76 vs. Cincinnati 72
Injury Report for Wichita State
- Craig Porter Jr.: Out (Undisclosed)
- Isaac Abidde: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
- Jalen Ricks: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Cincinnati
- Rob Banks: Game-Time Decision (Knee)