Through 3 Quarters
The Boston Celtics were expected to win this one, and they are just one quarter away from fulfilling that expectation. They have unwrapped a big 85-73 lead against the Cleveland Cavaliers after three quarters.
Shooting guard Jaylen Brown has led the way so far for Boston, as he has 29 points along with five rebounds. Cleveland has been relying on power forward Kevin Love, who has dropped a double-double on 17 points and 11 boards, and point guard Darius Garland, who has 20 points and five assists.
The Cavaliers have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we'll see how they respond to the deficit.
Cleveland @ Boston
Current Records: Cleveland 19-12; Boston 15-16
What to Know
The Cleveland Cavaliers will take on the Boston Celtics at 7:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at TD Garden after having had a few days off. Cleveland will be strutting in after a win while Boston will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The Cavaliers took their game against the Milwaukee Bucks this past Saturday by a conclusive 119-90 score. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Cleveland had established a 93-69 advantage. They relied on the efforts of small forward Cedi Osman, who shot 5-for-9 from beyond the arc and finished with 23 points and five boards, and point guard Darius Garland, who had 22 points and six assists. Osman's performance made up for a slower contest against the Houston Rockets last week.
Meanwhile, it looks like Boston must have gotten on Santa's naughty list since the squad didn't end up with the victory they were expected to receive on Monday. They were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap as they fell 108-103 to the Philadelphia 76ers. Point guard Dennis Schroder had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with only eight points on 3-for-10 shooting in his 25 minutes on the court.
Cleveland is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. They are currently 14-for-14 against the spread in their most recent games, however, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
The Cavaliers' victory brought them up to 19-12 while the Celtics' loss pulled them down to 15-16. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Cleveland ranks second in the league when it comes to fouls per game, with only 17 on average. But Boston enters the contest with 20.1 fouls drawn per game on average, good for third best in the league. The ref's whistle might dictate the flow of action in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: TD Garden -- Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: Bally Sports - Ohio
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $19.00
The Celtics are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Cavaliers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Celtics as a 5.5-point favorite.
Cleveland have won 18 out of their last 35 games against Boston.
- Nov 15, 2021 - Boston 98 vs. Cleveland 92
- Nov 13, 2021 - Cleveland 91 vs. Boston 89
- May 12, 2021 - Cleveland 102 vs. Boston 94
- Mar 17, 2021 - Cleveland 117 vs. Boston 110
- Jan 24, 2021 - Boston 141 vs. Cleveland 103
- Mar 04, 2020 - Boston 112 vs. Cleveland 106
- Dec 27, 2019 - Boston 129 vs. Cleveland 117
- Dec 09, 2019 - Boston 110 vs. Cleveland 88
- Nov 05, 2019 - Boston 119 vs. Cleveland 113
- Mar 26, 2019 - Boston 116 vs. Cleveland 106
- Feb 05, 2019 - Boston 103 vs. Cleveland 96
- Jan 23, 2019 - Boston 123 vs. Cleveland 103
- Nov 30, 2018 - Boston 128 vs. Cleveland 95
- May 27, 2018 - Cleveland 87 vs. Boston 79
- May 25, 2018 - Cleveland 109 vs. Boston 99
- May 23, 2018 - Boston 96 vs. Cleveland 83
- May 21, 2018 - Cleveland 111 vs. Boston 102
- May 19, 2018 - Cleveland 116 vs. Boston 86
- May 15, 2018 - Boston 107 vs. Cleveland 94
- May 13, 2018 - Boston 108 vs. Cleveland 83
- Feb 11, 2018 - Cleveland 121 vs. Boston 99
- Jan 03, 2018 - Boston 102 vs. Cleveland 88
- Oct 17, 2017 - Cleveland 102 vs. Boston 99
- May 25, 2017 - Cleveland 135 vs. Boston 102
- May 23, 2017 - Cleveland 112 vs. Boston 99
- May 21, 2017 - Boston 111 vs. Cleveland 108
- May 19, 2017 - Cleveland 130 vs. Boston 86
- May 17, 2017 - Cleveland 117 vs. Boston 104
- Apr 05, 2017 - Cleveland 114 vs. Boston 91
- Mar 01, 2017 - Boston 103 vs. Cleveland 99
- Dec 29, 2016 - Cleveland 124 vs. Boston 118
- Nov 03, 2016 - Cleveland 128 vs. Boston 122
- Mar 05, 2016 - Cleveland 120 vs. Boston 103
- Feb 05, 2016 - Boston 104 vs. Cleveland 103
- Dec 15, 2015 - Cleveland 89 vs. Boston 77
Injury Report for Boston
- Al Horford: Out (Covid-19)
- Jabari Parker: Out (Covid-19)
- Juancho Hernangomez: Out (Covid-19)
- Sam Hauser: Out (Covid-19)
- Grant Williams: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Richardson: Out (Covid-19)
- Brodric Thomas: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Cleveland
- Kevin Love: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
- Isaac Okoro: Out (Covid-19)
- Dylan Windler: Out (Covid-19)
- Lamar Stevens: Out (Covid-19)
- Jarrett Allen: Out (Covid-19)
- RJ Nembhard: Out (Covid-19)
- Evan Mobley: Out (Covid-19)
- Ed Davis: Out (Covid-19)
- Collin Sexton: Out for the Season (Knee)