Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the Sacramento Kings and the victory they were favored to collect going into this evening. a win is still up for grabs for either squad, but they are up 88-87 over the Houston Rockets
The top scorers for Sacramento have been shooting guard Buddy Hield (17 points) and small forward Terence Davis (15 points). Terence Davis does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
Power forward Christian Wood has led the way so far for Houston, as he has dropped a double-double on 19 points and 11 boards.
The Rockets haven't lost 93% of the games in which they were down heading into the final period this year, so a victory here would be refreshing.
Houston @ Sacramento
Current Records: Houston 12-32; Sacramento 18-27
What to Know
The Sacramento Kings have the luxury of staying home another game and will welcome the Houston Rockets at 6 p.m. ET Jan. 16 at Golden 1 Center. Sacramento will be strutting in after a victory while Houston will be stumbling in from a loss.
The Rockets are out to make up for these teams' game this past Friday. Sacramento enjoyed a cozy 126-114 win over Houston. Sacramento can attribute much of their success to power forward Marvin Bagley III, who dropped a double-double on 26 points and 13 rebounds, and point guard De'Aaron Fox, who had 27 points and eight assists in addition to six boards.
The Kings are the favorite in this one, with an expected 4.5-point margin of victory. They are currently three-for-three against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Houston's defeat took them down to 12-32 while Sacramento's victory pulled them up to 18-27. Allowing an average of 116.77 points per game, the Rockets haven't exactly asserted themselves on the defensive end. We'll see if they can patch up the holes in their defense before their upcoming contest.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 6 p.m. ET
- Where: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- TV: ATTSN Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $23.00
The Kings are a 4.5-point favorite against the Rockets, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Kings slightly, as the game opened with the Kings as a 6-point favorite.
Houston have won 17 out of their last 22 games against Sacramento.
- Jan 14, 2022 - Sacramento 126 vs. Houston 114
- Mar 11, 2021 - Sacramento 125 vs. Houston 105
- Jan 02, 2021 - Houston 102 vs. Sacramento 94
- Dec 31, 2020 - Houston 122 vs. Sacramento 119
- Aug 09, 2020 - Houston 129 vs. Sacramento 112
- Dec 23, 2019 - Houston 113 vs. Sacramento 104
- Dec 09, 2019 - Sacramento 119 vs. Houston 118
- Apr 02, 2019 - Houston 130 vs. Sacramento 105
- Mar 30, 2019 - Houston 119 vs. Sacramento 108
- Feb 06, 2019 - Houston 127 vs. Sacramento 101
- Nov 17, 2018 - Houston 132 vs. Sacramento 112
- Apr 11, 2018 - Sacramento 96 vs. Houston 83
- Feb 14, 2018 - Houston 100 vs. Sacramento 91
- Oct 18, 2017 - Houston 105 vs. Sacramento 100
- Apr 09, 2017 - Houston 135 vs. Sacramento 128
- Jan 31, 2017 - Houston 105 vs. Sacramento 83
- Dec 14, 2016 - Houston 132 vs. Sacramento 98
- Nov 25, 2016 - Houston 117 vs. Sacramento 104
- Apr 13, 2016 - Houston 116 vs. Sacramento 81
- Dec 15, 2015 - Sacramento 107 vs. Houston 97
- Dec 05, 2015 - Houston 120 vs. Sacramento 113
- Nov 06, 2015 - Houston 116 vs. Sacramento 110
Injury Report for Sacramento
- Tristan Thompson: Out (Illness)
- Marvin Bagley III: Out (Shoulder)
- Robert Woodard II: Out (Covid-19)
- Tyrese Haliburton: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Houston
- John Wall: Out (Not Injury Related)