Miami @ Los Angeles
Current Records: Miami 7-3; Los Angeles 6-5
What to Know
The Miami Heat's road trip will continue as they head to Staples Center at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday to face off against the Los Angeles Lakers. The Heat won't have the home-court advantage, but they do enjoy a 5-point advantage in the spread.
Miami ended up a good deal behind the Denver Nuggets when they played on Monday, losing 113-96. Miami was down 91-70 at the end of the third quarter, which was just too much to recover from. Despite the loss, they got a solid performance out of small forward Jimmy Butler, who had 31 points and eight assists in addition to five rebounds.
Meanwhile, it may have taken overtime to finish the job, but Los Angeles ultimately got the result they were hoping for on Monday with a 126-123 victory over the Charlotte Hornets. Having forecasted a close win for Los Angeles, the oddsmakers were right on the money. Their success was spearheaded by the efforts of power forward Anthony Davis, who dropped a double-double on 32 points and 12 boards along with five blocks, and power forward Carmelo Anthony, who shot 7-for-10 from downtown and finished with 29 points.
Miami is now 7-3 while the Lakers sit at 6-5. Two defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Heat have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 41.60%, which places them first in the league. Less enviably, Los Angeles is third worst in the league in points allowed per game, with 112.4 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against Los Angeles.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Staples Center -- Los Angeles, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $54.00
The Heat are a 5-point favorite against the Lakers, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Heat as a 4.5-point favorite.
Los Angeles have won 11 out of their last 18 games against Miami.
- Apr 08, 2021 - Miami 110 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Feb 20, 2021 - Miami 96 vs. Los Angeles 94
- Oct 11, 2020 - Los Angeles 106 vs. Miami 93
- Oct 09, 2020 - Miami 111 vs. Los Angeles 108
- Oct 06, 2020 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Miami 96
- Oct 04, 2020 - Miami 115 vs. Los Angeles 104
- Oct 02, 2020 - Los Angeles 124 vs. Miami 114
- Sep 30, 2020 - Los Angeles 116 vs. Miami 98
- Dec 13, 2019 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Miami 110
- Nov 08, 2019 - Los Angeles 95 vs. Miami 80
- Dec 10, 2018 - Los Angeles 108 vs. Miami 105
- Nov 18, 2018 - Los Angeles 113 vs. Miami 97
- Mar 16, 2018 - Miami 92 vs. Los Angeles 91
- Mar 01, 2018 - Los Angeles 131 vs. Miami 113
- Jan 06, 2017 - Los Angeles 127 vs. Miami 100
- Dec 22, 2016 - Miami 115 vs. Los Angeles 107
- Mar 30, 2016 - Los Angeles 102 vs. Miami 100
- Nov 10, 2015 - Miami 101 vs. Los Angeles 88
Injury Report for Los Angeles
- Anthony Davis: Game-Time Decision (Thumb)
- Rajon Rondo: Out (Hamstring)
- Kendrick Nunn: Out (Knee)
- Austin Reaves: Out (Hamstring)
- Talen Horton-Tucker: Out (Thumb)
- LeBron James: Out (Abdomen)
- Trevor Ariza: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Miami
- P.J. Tucker: Game-Time Decision (Shoulder)
- Caleb Martin: Game-Time Decision (Thumb)
- Markieff Morris: Out (Neck)
- Max Strus: Out (Knee)
- Victor Oladipo: Out (Quadriceps)