Through 3 Quarters
The experts predicted a win for the Phoenix Suns, but it's no sure thing at this point. Either team is in a position to win, but they lead against the Golden State Warriors 80-78.
Phoenix has been relying on center Deandre Ayton, who has 16 points along with seven boards and two blocks, and point guard Chris Paul, who has nine points and eight assists in addition to four steals and four rebounds. Shooting guard Jordan Poole has led the way so far for Golden State, as he has shot 6-for-11 from beyond the arc and has recorded 26 points and five rebounds.
The Warriors have been used to carrying a lead into the fourth quarter lately, so we'll see how they respond to the deficit.
Golden State @ Phoenix
Current Records: Golden State 18-2; Phoenix 17-3
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns are 5-18 against the Golden State Warriors since November of 2015, but they'll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Tuesday. Phoenix will take on Golden State at 10 p.m. ET at Footprint Center after having had a few days off. The Suns are out to stop a 12-game streak of losses at home.
Even if it wasn't a dominant performance, Phoenix beat the Brooklyn Nets 113-107 this past Saturday. Phoenix's shooting guard Devin Booker did his thing and had 30 points. Booker's night made it three games in a row in which he has scored at least 30 points.
Meanwhile, while not quite a landslide, the contest between Golden State and the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday was still a pretty decisive one as the Warriors wrapped it up with a 105-90 victory on the road. It was another big night for Golden State's point guard Stephen Curry, who shot 7-for-13 from beyond the arc and finished with 33 points, six dimes and six steals.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Suns are expected to win a tight contest. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
Phoenix is now 17-3 while Golden State sits at 18-2. A couple stats to keep an eye on: Phoenix ranks first in the league when it comes to field goal percentage, with 48.10% on the season. But Golden State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 41.90%, which places them first in the league. We'll see which of these strengths -- offense or defense -- will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: TNT
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $68.48
The Suns are a 3-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Suns as a 2.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 18 out of their last 23 games against Phoenix.
- May 11, 2021 - Golden State 122 vs. Phoenix 116
- Mar 04, 2021 - Phoenix 120 vs. Golden State 98
- Jan 28, 2021 - Phoenix 114 vs. Golden State 93
- Feb 29, 2020 - Golden State 115 vs. Phoenix 99
- Feb 12, 2020 - Phoenix 112 vs. Golden State 106
- Dec 27, 2019 - Golden State 105 vs. Phoenix 96
- Oct 30, 2019 - Phoenix 121 vs. Golden State 110
- Mar 10, 2019 - Phoenix 115 vs. Golden State 111
- Feb 08, 2019 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Dec 31, 2018 - Golden State 132 vs. Phoenix 109
- Oct 22, 2018 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 103
- Apr 08, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 100
- Apr 01, 2018 - Golden State 117 vs. Phoenix 107
- Mar 17, 2018 - Golden State 124 vs. Phoenix 109
- Feb 12, 2018 - Golden State 129 vs. Phoenix 83
- Apr 05, 2017 - Golden State 120 vs. Phoenix 111
- Dec 03, 2016 - Golden State 138 vs. Phoenix 109
- Nov 13, 2016 - Golden State 133 vs. Phoenix 120
- Oct 30, 2016 - Golden State 106 vs. Phoenix 100
- Mar 12, 2016 - Golden State 123 vs. Phoenix 116
- Feb 10, 2016 - Golden State 112 vs. Phoenix 104
- Dec 16, 2015 - Golden State 128 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 27, 2015 - Golden State 135 vs. Phoenix 116
Injury Report for Phoenix
- Abdel Nader: Out (Knee)
- Frank Kaminsky: Out (Knee)
- Dario Saric: Out (Knee)
Injury Report for Golden State
- Damion Lee: Out (Personal)
- Andre Iguodala: Out (Knee)
- James Wiseman: Out (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out (Achilles)