The main event on Saturday night's NBA schedule was the latest meeting between Kyrie Irving and LeBron James when the Celtics visited the Lakers. Unfortunately, there wasn't much drama, as the Celtics cruised to a 13-point win to extend their winning streak to three games.
Elsewhere, the Kings got a big win over the Knicks, Trae Young got his first career triple-double, though the Hawks fell to the Nets and the Timberwolves outlasted the Wizards in overtime. Then, Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Bucks became the first team to 50 wins with another strong performance against the Hornets.
NBA schedule for Saturday, March 9
- Sacramento Kings 102, New York Knicks 94 (Box Score)
- Brooklyn Nets 114, Atlanta Hawks 112 (Box Score)
- Minnesota Timberwolves 135, Washington Wizards 130 (Box Score) -- OT
- Boston Celtics 120, Los Angeles Lakers 107 (Box Score)
- Milwaukee Bucks 131 Charlotte Hornets 114 (Box Score)
- Portland Trail Blazers 127, Phoenix Suns 120 (Box Score)
NBA schedule for Sunday, March 10
*All times Eastern
- Chicago Bulls at Detroit Pistons, 12 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Indiana Pacers at Philadelphia 76ers, 3:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: ABC
- Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat, 3:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Orlando Magic at Memphis Grizzlies, 6 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- New Orleans Pelicans at Atlanta Hawks, 6 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV | Streaming: (fubo TV)
- Houston Rockets at Dallas Mavericks, 7 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- New York Knicks at Minnesota Timberwolves, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Milwaukee Bucks at San Antonio Spurs, 8 p.m. (GameTracker) -- Watch on fuboTV with NBA League Pass extension
- Phoenix Suns at Golden State Warriors, 8:30 p.m. (GameTracker) -- TV: NBA TV | Streaming: (fubo TV)
Irving, Celtics too much for LeBron, Lakers
Kyrie Irving was back in action for the Celtics, and had a big night to lead his team past LeBron James and the Celtics. Irving finished with 30 points, seven rebounds and five assists to help the Celtics get their third straight win. On the other side, his old buddy LeBron James recorded a triple-double, finishing with 30 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists in just 28 minutes in the loss.
Bucks first team to 50 wins
Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Bucks cruised to yet another easy victory on Saturday night, beating the Hornets by 17 points. And with it, they became the first team to 50 wins on the season. The Greek Freak led the way in this game, finishing with 26 points, 13 rebounds and six assists.
Towns puts up another big night
Karl-Anthony Towns wasn't able to play in the overtime period of the Timberwolves' win due to a knee injury, but his work in regulation was phenomenal. Towns dropped 40 points and grabbed 16 rebounds, registering his third 40-point game in his last five outings.
Young gets first triple-double
Trae Young has come on very strong in the past few weeks, and he kept his hot streak going on Saturday night against the Nets. The rookie point guard recorded his first career triple-double, finishing with 23 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists in defeat.
McCollum leads Trail Blazers past Suns
CJ McCollum helped the Trail Blazers get back to winning ways with a strong performance against the Suns. The shooting guard finished with 26 points on a highly efficient 11-of-14 shooting performance and handed out four assists to lead the way for Portland.
Bridges gets way up for a slam
Miles Bridges didn't win the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend, but he won it on Saturday night in Milwaukee with this incredible put-back slam.
Kyrie goes behind-the-back on the break
Kyrie Irving got fancy out on the fastbreak against the Lakers. Taking the pass from Marcus Smart, he went behind his back to avoid the defender, then finished with a reverse layup.
Beal drains clutch 3 to send game to overtime
Bradley Beal has shown great resolve all season long leading the discombobulated Wizards, and that trend continued on Saturday night. Beal hit a clutch 3-pointer to send the game to overtime, but the Wizards couldn't get the win.
LeBron goes strong to the rim x2
LeBron James brought some early excitement to the Lakers' matchup with the Celtics by throwing down two big slams in the game's opening minutes.
KAT rocks the rim
Young finds Carter for the slam
Trae Young is already one of the league's best passers, and he showed off his vision against the Nets. Spotting Vince Carter cutting backdoor, Young hit him with a perfect bounce pass through traffic and Vinsanity finished with the throwback jam.
Fox erupts for 30 points against Knicks
Kings guard De'Aaron Fox led the charge with 30 points on 11-of-17 shooting while also dishing out a game-high eight assists. Sacramento outscored New York 54-48 in the second half to earn the comeback victory.